Have you ever had someone say something to you that seems like an odd thing to say? Perhaps it was someone who mentioned a gift or quality you have that you didn’t think anyone else noticed? Maybe it was about something you were feeling led to do, but had...
Today is my 50th birthday. Also, today I had the honor and privilege of speaking to the senior high school girls at a tea hosted by the local Lion's Club. It is a fun thing they do every year. The girls dress up, eat finger sandwiches, and drink tea from...
we gather to remember and reflect on an event that changed the way we see the
skyline of downtown Oklahoma City; that changed for many a sense of security
that since that day we can no longer have; that changed our understanding of
the face of terrori...
It seems the current ideological climate is marked by unreasonableness. I remember when you could have a conversation with another person and could disagree without resorting to hate-filled remarks and character assassinations. You might even have a civil...
Terrified. We read
this story each year as a sweet, pastoral example of the message of God coming
to the poorest of the people. Terrified . The shepherds were minding their own
business--the sheep--one sleepy night.
Some were probably pondering life whi...
You do not need to be afraid of the dark to know that you
can injure yourself if you are unable to see.
Stumbling around in the dark is slow-going. There are obstacles and pitfalls. When the electricity goes out, especially if there
is a blackout in the ...
- First United Methodist Church Vinita, OKPastor, 2012 - present
- First United Methodist Church, Cushing, OKPastor, 2010 - 2012
- First United Methodist Church, Pond Creek, OKPastor, 2006 - 2010
- Union City/Cogar UMCPastor, 2002 - 2006
- Canton UMCPastor, 2000 - 2001
- Wesley UMCDirector of Children and Youth, 1999 - 2000
Dr. Tobey is an Elder in the Oklahoma Conference, and has been under appointment for sixteen years and is currently appointed to Vinita. She has a B.A. in Organizational Leadership from Southern Nazarene University in Bethany, OK, and a M.Div. and D.Min. were both completed at Phillips Theological Seminary, Tulsa, OK.
Dr. Tobey’s doctoral work combined her great passion for preaching and teaching. Her faith and belief in God’s work through the laity of the church has prompted her work: Equipping the Saints: Teaching Preaching to Lay Preachers and Local Pastors, which resulted in the curriculum for EQUIP.
- Phillips Theological SeminaryD.Min., 2011 - 2015Doctor of Ministry in Pastoral Leadership with an emphasis in Homiletics Project: Teaching Preaching to Lay Preachers and Local Pastors in the United Methodist Church
- Phillips Theological SeminaryM.Div., 2002 - 2006