- Apply Last Edits from the Main Screen. Use this feature to apply the same edits on a new photo that have been applied to the last saved photo. This feature only applies adjustments that have no local dependencies (i.e. no crop, transform or brush filters)
- Horizontal flip in Straighten (y axis). Use this feature to horizontally mirror a photo, for example to fix front camera selfies which did not get mirrored correctly by the camera app.
Additionally on Android, Snapseed now displays more photo metadata information, including a map if the photo contains GPS information.
- Negative Structure in Details
- Style selectors that automatically scroll to next item
- Better histogram
- Bug fixes
Additionally on Android, Snapseed now offers optimized on-screen controls for TalkBack accessibility mode. On iOS, Snapseed now supports RTL (right to left) screen layouts.
Three sliders in Tune Image:
1. Saturation - reduce Saturation to about -30 to avoid hues that are too bright
2. Warmth - increase Warmth to the desired effect, anywhere between 30 and 100
3. Highlights - increase Highlights as high as needed to bring back the white tones that were lost with the Warmth slider
Step 1: Drama. Starting with Drama 1, increase Filter Strength and Saturation up as high as 100% each.
Step 2: Vintage. Apply style 6, and increase the Style Strength to your desired level of blue. Increase Vignette Strength as desired. In this image, both Style and Vignette Strengths are set to 30.
Step 3: Tune Image. Return the black point to the image that was lost during Step 2 by decreasing Shadows. In this image, -30 added enough shadow to return the black point without over-darkening the image.
Step 1: Vintage. Apply style 8. Set Style Strength to +100, and set the rest of the sliders to zero.
Step 2: Glamour Glow. Increase Glow to 40, then set Saturation and Warmth to zero.
Step 3: Lens Blur. If desired, add Lens Blur to bring focus to the subject of the image. Set Vignette Strength to zero.
Photo courtesy of Ryan Charles
Step 1: Tune Image. Decrease Contrast as far as -100. Increase Highlights as needed to return some brightness lost by the decrease in contrast.
Step 2: Noir. Add style F01. Set Wash and Grain to zero, and ensure Filter Strength is set to 100. Then, reduce Brightness to the desired level. Don’t be afraid to go extra dark to set the moody tone.
Step 3: Lens Blur. If desired, add a lens blur to draw in focus and make the image feel more intimate.
- A Blue filter in Black and white - this creates a high contrast black and white image by pushing blue tones white and yellow tones black (check out the image for a comparison of all color filters)
- White Balance in the RAW editor on Android - use the color picker to select a neutral color in the photo for automatic corrections, or choose from 8 different presets like Tungsten, Daylight and Sunny
Other updates in 2.6:
- Added Talkback capability for Healing tool on Android - with Talkback enabled, the Healing tool will announce where the patch is being applied
- Fixed a crash on iOS when flipping images under specific conditions
- Minor bug fixes
In this image, HDR Scape added a texture to the smooth blue sky. To remove it, we opened Details, applied Structure around -80 to the entire image, then used the brush from the Stacks view to brush in the effect on the blue sky alone. Applying negative Structure with a brush allowed us to remove the texture from the sky while keeping the detail we wanted everywhere else.
For more info on how to use the Stacks Brush, check out our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqTgGRgp5CRHhUJKeRraQgw
COPY TO:1. FORMER PRESIDENT WILLIAM CLINTON. 2. FORMER PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH.3. PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA. 4. ROM EMMANUEL, WHITE HOUSE CHIEF OF STAFF. 5. SENATOR JIM WEBB,D.C. FAX#:(202)228-6363.6. SENATE MAJORITY LEADER,HARRY REID, CARE OF GAVIN PARKE, ADMINISTRATIVE AIDE AT FAX#: (202)224-7327. & TEL. #(202)224-3542.7. SECRETARY OF STATE HILLIARY CLINTON. THE LETTER WAS SENT TO CONGRESSMAN DONNA F. EDWARDS AND OTHER DISTINGUISHED FORMER AND CURRENT PUBLIC OFFICIALS.:
Step 1: Tonal Contrast. Increase Low Tones, Mid Tones, and High Tones as high as 100.
Step 2: Grainy Film. Decrease Grain to zero and increase Style Strength to 100. Then, select a style for the upper portion of the image. In this image, L05 was selected.
After applying the filter, open the stacks view, tap on Grainy Film, and then tap on the brush icon. Increase the brush opacity to 100 and paint in the upper portion of the image.
Step 3: Grainy Film. Decrease Grain to zero and increase Style Strength to 100. Then, select a style for the lower portion of the image. In this image, B04 was selected.
After applying the filter, open the stacks view, tap on Grainy Film, and then tap on the brush icon. Increase the brush opacity to 100 and paint in the lower portion of the image.
Photo courtesy of Julia Koch
- Lens Blur centers automatically on portraits
- Rotate automatically straightens to the horizon
- Share the image directly to the Instagram app from Snapseed on iOS
Additionally, we’ve fixed some bugs. Most notably, saving works much more reliably now on Android!
Image courtesy of Julia Koch
Make every photo extraordinary with Snapseed. Snapseed provides the precision and control of professional photo editing software, in the palm of your hand. Advanced edits that once required a desktop computer, costly software, and hours of editing work can now be done in an instant on a phone or tablet, anytime, anywhere.
Features like a non-destructive editing workflow and the ability to selectively apply edits with brushes, masks, and control points make Snapseed a mobile editor like none other. And with the intelligent perspective transform and spot healing, even a quick snapshot from a cell phone can be perfected to become a work of art.
Snapseed works with your phone camera shots as well as images from DSLRs, compact cameras, and more, on both Android and iOS platforms.