- S45 (Singularity 2045) owner
This is my NymWars slanted profile. I might modify it, demilitarise it, in a few years when I finally feel safe.
I am an artistic existentialist, not a business or organization. I am one person. I'M A REAL PERSON. I am an individual. Singularity Utopia is the name I commonly go by in real life.
I preferred to be identified in an gender neutral sense, but if I am pushed into gender-identification then the female designation is correct.
I am not looking for debate therefore if you seek debate you are not welcome. I am looking for a meeting of minds. I want to network with people who share my views completely. I often feel excruciating despair. I need to avoid depressing people. I seek only agreement and support regarding the acceleration of technological utopia, but I do sometimes engage in debate.
For technology news you need to add the following two Pages to your circles:◆ Singularity 2045.
◆ Post-Scarcity Warriors.
You should also join the Singularity Thinkers community.
Singularity Utopia is my personal profile thus reasonably often I'll express personal opinions on a wide variety of issues not directly relevant to the Singularity, but all my opinions are based on the themes of intelligence, technology, or the universe. Many of my personal posts can be controversial therefore you should NOT add me to your circles if you are likely to be offended by strong and contentious opinions. If you want pure Singularity-posts (hard science and news) then go to the above mentioned two pages.
I am the one and only Singularity Utopia. I am prominently known in
the Singularity-Transhuman community. For example I have been mentioned and quoted in the book "Invent Utopia Now - transhumanist suggestions for the pre-Singularity era" by Hank Pellissier. Big names within the Singularity community know me as Singularity Utopia, which is apparent in this article regarding an email I received from Ray Kurzweil. I also created the favicon (not the actual logo) for the site kurzweilai.net.
My profile picture is a real representation of me, it's a mind self-portrait. My mind is more real than my body.
All the ART on my profile is totally my own, there are no copyright violations.
renowned for being a staunch advocate of Post-Scarcity and freedom
(utopia). I am dedicated to enhancing global Post-Scarcity
awareness. Here is an articleabout Post-Scarcity, which was published in 2011.
Sadly due to my outspoken nature I often attract haters, which makes me unhappy, but hatred of utopia will be transcended via logical and rational discourse. Sometimes people wrongly state the Singularity is a religion, for example I was personally mentioned in a religious context here on H+ (see the section: Personal Revelations of the Singularity).
I am an atheist thus it is tiresome refuting accusations of religiosity but I am steadily making progress. The Singularity is actually a very atheist phenomenon, it's the opposite of religion.
The Singularity is a massive explosion of intelligence, which will radically transform the universe. Picture a truly astronomical event of totally mind-blowing proportions; this is what the Singularity is. Nanotechnology, AI, and Stem Cells, and other similar fields will create total perfection. Existence will be flawless. Everyone will be happy. We are progressing quicker each year. Despite our progress towards perfection I often make typos, please ignore my typos.
How I define myself...
I'm a Utopian. A "Utopian" is
someone who seeks to accelerate the arrival of technological utopia.
Post-Scarcity (PS) means everything will be free due to a total
abundance of intelligence and power. There will be no scarcity of the good things in life. Products and services only cost money due to scarcity. Everything will be free for everyone, it will be utopia. There are many other ways I can define myself, dependent on my mood. Here is another description:
To signify the law-abiding nature of all my internet communications, regarding all my online activity, to avoid misunderstandings, this statement you are reading associates the following disclaimer symbol with all my posts, and other online activities, even in cases where the disclaimer is omitted: ~^~
- PostScarcity Article (current)
- Mini-Singularities (current)
- Friendly-AI Hostility (current)
- Calling Dreamers (current)
- Who is Singularity Utopia (current)
- Cheese God Religion (current)
- My views on the book Abundance (current)
- Penguin Argument (current)
- PS versus RBE debate (current)
- Scarcity Causes All Wars and Violence (current)
- Inevitable Utopia (current)
- Money Govs Capitalism Scarcity etc (current)
- Moronic Aliens Need Flying Lessons (current)
- Is The Singularity Happening Now? (current)
- 2045 Smartphone Explosion (current)
- AI Risk Analysts are the Biggest Risk (current)
- Turing Test Turmoil (current)
If anyone truly finds God, which they won't because he/she/it does not exist, then God should be prosecuted for child abuse or crimes against Humanity, the most extremely horrific human rights abuses.
Video and reporting by Wired (I included the Wayback links because a previous video regarding the above statements on the Intel YouTube channel was deleted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SA-IrhEQ8s):
Read more about so.cl here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyclay/2012/05/21/microsoft-launches-new-social-network-to-compete-with-google/
I think all social networks are becoming less popular. Perhaps the exception is Facebook but I refrain from using FB because I hate Mark Zuckerberg, he is a piece of shit. While looking into the possible Bing alternative I discovered the following Wired report (5 Feb 2015) stating #Twitter is in danger of becoming Bing.
"...Twitter will never grow to match the money engines spinning away at Facebook and Google. But trying to be more like Facebook seems like an effort that will fail before it ever begins. If Facebook is to social as Google is to search, that would make Twitter Bing." http://www.wired.com/2015/02/twitter-danger-becoming-bing-social-media/
I think all social media has had its day, or least this is so from my viewpoint. I don't really have anything to say now. Trying to influence people is a tedious and painful task, furthermore I don't need to seek agreement regarding my views.
I think social media is outdated. Perhaps the #noplatforming public-speaking trend is being taken-up in a slightly different manner by social media giants? Maybe they simply don't want anyone to have a platform regarding anything? LOL, maybe the social media experiment has concluded there is no need or reason to hear the views of other people.
If, however, someone want to create a perfect social media network here are my rules to make it useful-usable
2. Allow the editing of posts and comments.
3. Clearly date posts and comments.
4. Allow bold italics and underline.
5. Don't redesign the network every year (or month) merely for the mindless sake of redesigning.
6. Give user power, control, to display the information how they want it to be displayed.
7. Have more features rather then less. For example events, pages, polls, photos, videos etc, but make sure the user can easily remove from their profile features they don't want to use.
8. Don't be a dick (AKA an out-of-touch executive who has no idea what easy and simple communication actually means.)
#socialmedia #googleplus #googleplusupdate #igiveup
In the meantime I went back to the old google, because I need to be able to view my circles and I don't have the time to fix my data for the new google Plus. They could at least provide a tool to move circles to the new viewing set if I want them that way.
url-prefix('http://www.google.' ) , url-prefix('https://www.google.' ) , url-prefix('http://news.google.' ) , url-prefix('https://news.google.' ) ,
url-prefix('http://google.' ) ,
By Singularity Utopia
31 Oct 2015
.f.slp, .s .st em, .st, #resultStats
1. Suffering is wholly an issue of scarcity.
2. Unless policies are regarding the reduction of scarcity policies will be essentially useless for reducing suffering, or looking it at another way policies will naturally reflect the level of scarcity thus the suffering-reduction is not something sourced from policies-ideas, the reduction is sourced from scarcity or lack of scarcity. For example our ability to discuss this comes from the reduced computational and Internet-connectivity scarcity, with any policies regarding computational-Internet freedom coming afterwards, which means it is an illusion to think the power resides in policy. Policy is merely window dressing, a superficial presentation, after the world-changing fact of the matter (the reduction of scarcity).
3. Charitable donations to end suffering, similar to philanthropic-altruistic policies or campaigns for freedom-justice, are ineffectual world-changers. The world was already changed before the policy. Our world changed via the reduction of scarcity, which policy etc merely reflects, thus the real source of power, the real fulcrum to implement change, is the reduction of scarcity, whereupon policies naturally, inevitably comply with the reduced scarcity. By way of analogy consider the earthquake causing a tsunami, it seems power resides in the tsunami but in actuality the power is in the earthquake, which means focusing on the tsunami devoid of its source to implement powerful change is fruitless. This means despite the best will in the world donations, goodwill, positive change, or the reduction of suffering will happen not via policy but via tangible reduction of scarcity, whereupon the policy will reflect the change.
1. There seems to be no about section.
2. Despite claiming to be quicker the new design is significantly slowly.
3. The display of info in the new design is far from clear, which is how I define simplicity (clarity). There is a superficial illusion of clarity, which in reality would accurately be defined as "unfinished," but that bare hacked-down rawness is far from clear, the info does not jump out at you, quickly at a glance, in the manner of the old design.
Perhaps the problem is out-of-touch-executives sitting in their fancy boardroom meetings, patting themselves on the back regarding a swanky Power Point presentation, flipping over flow-pages of user-uptake statistics on a display flip-board, or big white-board, you know what I mean, all the paraphernalia of mindless bureaucracy, which actually has nothing to do with the reality we desire.
I know they supposedly tested the new design on various people whereupon they received good feedback, but I wonder who those testers were? Were the testers you? Perhaps the testers were the silly community managers who are equally out-of-touch, not real users.
IDK, maybe you all love the new design. Let me know what you think.
Liquid metal 'nano-terminators' target cancer cells
Researchers at North Carolina State University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill have developed a new drug delivery techni
Why We Should Be Optimistic About the Future: Human Achievement
Matt Ridley, author of The Rational Optimist, recounts the long, flawed history of pessimistic predictions and invites us to examine the fac
'Sending a message': what the US and UK are attempting to do
Glenn Greenwald: State-loyal journalists seem to believe in a duty to politely submit to bullying tactics from political officials
Stiffening self assembled duplex and quadruplex stranded DNA nanofibers ...
Top: Schematic showing association of two duplex precursors into a quadruplex fiber building block. The duplex regions of the building block
The tin blue line: The incredible police barrier used against anti-cuts ...
The police cordon was erected at the end of Whitehall near Trafalgar Square this afternoon in an attempt to stop anti-cuts protesters headin
Steve Aoki: Superstar DJ God and Transhumanist? [updated]
h+ Magazine is a new publication that covers technological, scientific, and cultural trends that are changing human beings in fundamental wa
Guiding stem cells into damaged hearts with MRI and ultrasonics | Kurzwe...
Cardiac stem-cell therapy using stem cells loaded with silica nanoparticles containing fluorescent dye and gadolinium ions for ultrasonic an
Katie Piper: Acid attack survivor has eye-sight restored after stem-cell...
Her sight has been restored thanks to doctors at the Queen Victoria hospital in East Grinstead, West Sussex, who used eye tissue from the co
● SINGULARITY 2045 UTOPIA: Subjectivity + Nanotechnological Perfect Minds
The following essay (The Fallacy of Objectivity. The Dangers of Cognitive Adjustment.) was written sometime around 2010. I am now providing
● SINGULARITY 2045 UTOPIA: Misguided AI-Fears Via Wired
Mark Piesing writing in Wired posits an AI threat based on an incomplete appraisal of the future; he neglects to consider Post-Scarcity. His
SIRI RISING: The Inside Story Of Siri's Origins -- And Why She Could Ove...
The world got its first inkling of the quick wit that would make Apple’s Siri an icon during a packed press conference held before an audito