Works at Freelance Software Development
Lives in Mountain View, CA
- Freelance Software DevelopmentWeb Developer, 2007 - present- Work with clients to define requirements, propose various technical solutions using current and emerging technologies, and provide recommendations on how to best meet clients' functional needs while still considering important non-functional requirements, such as usability, scalability, performance, maintainability, security, and reliability. - Design and create original graphics as well as work with designers to implement and/or expand their concepts, converting designs into functional websites, including simple, mostly static websites, such as http://olgaloya.com; installation/set up, customization, and maintenance of websites driven by content management systems, such as http://www.dragonflyeffect.com and http://petersims.com (WordPress); and original, more complex, dynamic web applications with database backends, often to provide features and/or enhanced functionality for the aforementioned websites and website types.
- Stanford UniversitySoftware Developer, Academic Computing Services, 2009 - present- Serve as technical lead on several projects as well as an individual contributor on all efforts to design, implement, deploy and maintain web applications that support the use of technology to facilitate and enrich student life, teaching and learning; actively participate in cross-functional teams composed of staff from Academic Computing Services (parent organization of the Student Computing and Residential Computing programs/departments as described below) as well as other University departments to gather and translate complex user needs and business rules into technical requirements that drive front-end user interface and back-end design and implementation. - Provide recommendations and execute strategies for improving the overall software development process; each phase of the software development life cycle; and integration and implementation of new technologies, tools, techniques and frameworks.
- Stanford UniversitySoftware Engineering Manager, Student Computing, 2006 - 2009- Served as team leader as well as an individual contributor of newly expanded software development and systems team, which included and built on responsibilities of the Residential Computing program as described below, expanding its focus to use of technology not just in the residences, but throughout all aspects of student life. - Hired, managed and assisted professional and student staff to develop campus-wide software systems for students, faculty and staff; continued to provide software development support for the Residential Education program as described below; administered servers, systems and network infrastructure; and coordinated management and maintenance of various web presences. - Continued to participate actively in policy and decision making, provide recommendations, and plan new initiatives, such as sponsoring the Stanford Facebook App Contest.
- Stanford UniversitySoftware Developer, Residential Computing, 2001 - 2006- As sole developer, designed, developed and maintained software applications to support use of technology in the residences, especially with respect to the Residential Education (i.e., residential life) program, including an automated registration system to allow over 10,000 residential students to connect to the campus network; an inventory and ticket/issue tracking system for managing equipment provided in over 100 public computing spaces distributed across campus; a survey system for creating and executing online surveys as well as generating rich, detailed reports on demand; and an application system to facilitate the process of hiring hundreds of residential staff each year; many of these applications have grown to be used by students, faculty and staff from many different University departments and served as models for larger, campus-wide services. - Enhanced and expanded department's software development program by implementing standard software engineering methods and practices; upgrading existing systems to use current, industry-standard technologies; improving existing and designing new systems for better maintainability, scalability and reliability; forming valuable inter-departmental partnerships across campus; bringing in new revenue; and identifying and working on opportunities for improvement and innovation, increasing the department's ability to achieve its programmatic and operational goals more effectively and efficiently. - Provided recommendations and planned new initiatives with technical and nontechnical staff, clients and partners across campus as well as inside and outside of the University, to achieve technical, operational, and programmatic goals; actively participated in policy and decision making for the department, associated offices, and the University in general; special projects included user education and policy-making on file-sharing and copyright issues, digital music service pilots, and management of desktop and network security and privacy concerns. - Hired, trained, managed, and mentored student employees to fulfill departmental goals.
- AllAdvantageSoftware Engineer, 2000 - 2000- Excelled as a technical team member, starting with development of internal business applications (including a custom digital content/asset management system) and moving to work on extremely time-sensitive, critical projects for the public website. - Worked with various departments throughout the software development process, from requirements gathering and analysis to design and implementation of web applications to implementing localization to testing and quality assurance.
- OneSight, Inc.Senior Web Developer, 1999 - 2000- Served as the primary technical lead together with the CTO during the early period of the startup's growth, working closely with the founders and senior management team to develop both the front and back ends of the company's public website and intranet. - Developed the central business application used to drive the company's primary service of creating and executing online surveys; web application provided the ability to create, edit, deploy, and manage surveys as well as analyze and report on the collected data.
Sindy Lee's +1's are the things they like, agree with, or want to recommend.