Well let's see...
I'm a very laid back software developer hailing from the sunny island nation of Trinidad and Tobago
. I have a wide range of interests, but mainly I share and discuss #technology, #science, #programming, #soccer, #film, #skepticism and #literature.
Who do I usually circle?
- People from the caribbean get an automatic circle because they're automatically awesome no matter what.
- Science, particularly astronomy and robotics are the next sets of people I like to circle.
- I am a bibliophile and I love other bibliophiles. Despite being firmly rooted in information technology, I still read books printed on paper. Mostly fiction. Magical realism and existentialism are two of my favorite genres. My favorite authors include Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Salman Rushdie, Albert Camus, Joseph Heller and Kurt Vonnegut. Circle me back if you're into books!
- I'm a Mac user so I track down other Mac fans to get and share tips (we need to stick together Apple fanbois).
- Soccer fans and especially Arsenal FC supporters are next on my list.
- I'm a skeptic and am non-religious so free thinkers, atheists, agnostics, secular humanists, etc. usually get circled by me.
- Finally, I do circle normal people :-) There's a subculture here on G+ that I can barely understand. They have their own inside jokes and have strong, dedicated followings. Since I'm laid back and fun loving, I try to spice up my circles with these people.
In my day job I work for Oracle, where I work on cloud, middleware and virtualization technologies. When I'm not doing that I'm usually tinkering with Arduino
, Raspberry PI
or iOS projects. I'm obsessed with coding as you can tell.
Oh and I'm also a dad with 2 kids that keep making life interesting :-)