Took the day off and went hiking today at Norvin Green State Forest. A description of the hike by the NY/NJ Trail Conference may be found at http://goo.gl/FfNwW
Hike: Buck Mountain Loop from Otter Hole (6 photos)
6 Photos - View album
8 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- NiceFeb 14, 2012
- Looks great.Feb 14, 2012
- What a gorgeous way to spend the day!Feb 14, 2012
- Thanks for the comments, shares and +1's ! ...
I'm going to shoot for an outing every Tuesday. Sad to admit, but since becoming unemployed, I've spent too much time in front of the computer, and little outside. Most of you know what a tonic it is to the soul to walk the woods.
I came across this quote today:
"To allow oneself to be carried away by a multitude of conflicting concerns, to surrender to too many demands, to commit oneself to too many projects ... is to succumb to violence. The frenzy of our activism ... kills the root of inner wisdom which makes work fruitful." - Thomas Merton
This quote applies much less to me today than certain periods of my life, but it's still applicable. The goal is balance, easy to say, tough to do.Feb 16, 2012
- I got into hiking and nature when I was unemployed 4 years ago. I'm working now and hiking is now mostly restricted to weekends but I'll never stop enjoying it.Feb 16, 2012
- Looks like a nice little hike, might have to go check it outFeb 16, 2012
- http://goo.gl/FfNwW) If you don't have them already, the New Jersey & New York Walk Books are a must have. Outdoors is one of the things I cut back on, time for a come-back!One of many trails in Norvin Green State Forest (trail description -Feb 16, 2012