was this Vietnamese "BBQ" Pork with steamed jasmine rice and a cucumber, tomato and white onion salad dressed with the nuoc cham
almost I always have handy in the fridge and a light squeeze of lime.
Nuoc cham recipe here: http://ridiculoushungry.blogspot.com/2011/09/nuoc-cham-aka-ap-fish-sauce.html
For the pork, I think I used:
- about 1.5 pounds thinly sliced pork shoulder
- 2.5 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 2.5 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 large green onion, chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
all thoroughly mixed together and allowed to marinate for at least 20 minutes while I brought the meat up to room temp so I could stir fry it in 3 batches in a very hot, lightly oiled wok.
Washed down with our new cheapass wine find - Big Kahuna Crisp White $1.99 @ Fresh & Easy, made with Airen grapes. Light, crisp, fruity, and totally easy drinking, not to mention fantastically CHEAP. :P
What's for dinner, peeps? :) #SFP #SFPPork #SFPRecipes #SFPVietnamese