The speed of digital and collaborative aspects of social media created a new, dynamic environment for communicators yet, to this day, strategic planning often remains linear. For us, adaptive planning means we take chances and experiment more, knowing and accepting that things can go wrong. Failure is not our enemy; it’s a learning opportunity. The key is to recover quickly and move on from a flop. From this we learn about our skills deficiencies, technology issues and about any erroneous assumptions or flawed thinking.
- Thornley Fallis CommunicationsVice President, 2011 - present
- PDMS LimitedSocial Media Consultant, 2010 - 2011
- Comysm LimitedDirector
- Ignition Strategic Public RelationsCOO
- AIMM Ltd (now sequel)Account Director
- The Reputation Managers (formerly Datanews)Editor
- Strive Public RelationsOwner, 2005 - 2011
A recognised expert in social media, Sherrilynne is a
well-known newspaper columnist, blogger and a public speaker. She was the founder of
the Isle of Man’s Social Media Club and is on Twitter’s PR top 100
TweetLevel. She is an account director at Thornley Fallis Communications in Ottawa.
- Algonquin College
- AY Jackson
- Merivale High School