So You Want To Start Podcasting: 101 Tips, Ideas and Thoughts About Podcasting
Yeah, podcasting is hot right now... And everybody and their brother's cousin is starting one... So... after 101 episodes of Sidepreneurs, I have a few things to say about podcasting.
Listen here to my 101 tips, ideas and thoughts on podcasting:http://sidepreneurs.com/podcasts/shawn-manaher-so-you-want-to-start-podcasting/
101 tips too much? Here are my top 10 tips, ideas and thoughts about podcasting:
1. EVERYTHING will take longer, be harder and won’t matter as much as you think it does at the time.
2. Create templates for everything!
3. Telling stories is often more compelling than sharing straight facts…. If you can tell stories while sharing facts, you will have a show worth listening to.
4. “Top guests” are often more available and willing to give you a chance than you think… Go for the top and you will be surprised.
5. Give yourself a clear idea on what your costs will be BEFORE you launch… Include in those costs, subscriptions, equipment, outsourcing, content, logos, website design, hosting, etc… This can catch you by surprise if you have not considered everything.
6. CREATE SIMPLE OFFERS… Man I wasted a TON of time trying to create complex and overly deep offers!
7. Create videos for every task you want someone else to do.
8. If you concern yourself with stats, only look 1x per day / 1 x per week
9. ASK to be on other shows to get the word out about your show!
10. BATCH EVERY Process! So, batch creating a list of potential guests... Then batch emailing them all... then batch doing the podcasts... then batch doing the edits... Batching wins all the time in my book... And as someone doing a daily podcast, your VERY survival depends on batching!
What about you? Going to start a podcast this year? Love to hear what you are going to start! #podcasting #podcasttips #marketingdigital