- University of Alaska Fairbanks
The views expressed by Shawn Hartsock in print, online, or otherwise do not necessarily express the views of his employer, publications, professional associations, or other group memberships and should be treated as his alone.
- VMwareSr. MTS in R&D, 2012 - present* Research and Development on IaaS and PaaS software API * vSphere API in Java (version 5.5) * OpenStack Nova Compute Driver for VMware * pyVmomi, pyVmomi-community-samples, pyVmomi-tools
- Hartsock Solutions, LLCPrincipal Consultant, 2012 - 2012consulting on Groovy, Java, Virtualization, and Web Development
- Open Software IntegratorsSenior Consultant, Speaker, Author, Cat Herder, 2011 - 2012consulting on Java and Mobile development and PaaS systems development
- Clinipace Inc.Software Engineer, Developer, and Author, 2008 - 2011developing Groovy/Grails SaaS on custom IaaS provisioning systems
- Center for International EducationSoftware Engineer, 2004 - 2008developing high-performance, high-availability LAMP, Groovy/Grails, and SOA software and integrations with ICE visa software systems
- Raytheon Technical Services CompanySoftware Engineer II, 2001 - 2004developing embedded, custom network, linux drivers, linux kernel modifications, simulators, and GOTS software packages for US DoD (and NATO) troop training facilities
Facebook, Google, Intel, Microsoft, NetApp, Qualcomm, VMware And The Lin...
The OpenSSL Heartbleed disaster definitely opened up many people's eyes to how underfunded and understaffed many of the open source projects
5 Traits You Think You Control (But Totally Don't)
If there's one thing humanity likes, it's control. Nobody wants to be the unwitting steel ball in the giant pinball machine of life, helples
Re: Nexus 4 kitkat - bluetooth problem - worst - Google Product Forums
Google Product Forums · Re: Nexus 4 kitkat - bluetooth problem - worst. cesar morales, Dec 12, 2013 7:03 AM. Posted in group: Nexus. Categor
Silicon Valley Needs to Lose the Arrogance or Risk Destruction | Wired O...
Silicon Valley is always selling the next category, the new frontier, the thing you’ll need tomorrow but can’t even imagine wanting today. U
Continuous Integration: Scaling to 74,000 Builds Per Day With Travis CI ...
From the editor: At the beginning of 2014, Travis CI , a hosted continuous integration service, began delivering over 74000 builds per day f
Death Toll From Pakistan Quake Rises to at Least 328
Rescue efforts continued for a second day following a major earthquake in southwestern Pakistan that killed at least 328 people, damaged tho
BlackBerry struck a preliminary deal in which a group led by a former bo...
BlackBerry said that it struck a preliminary deal in which a group led by a former board member would take the company private for about $4.
Tech giants may be huge, but nothing matches big data
When Nasdaq stopped trading this week, it again showed how global firms are at the mercy of a power that created them
The Psychology of Hiring: Why Brainteasers Don't Belong in Job Interviews
Online version of the weekly magazine, with current articles, cartoons, blogs, audio, video, slide shows, an archive of articles and abstrac
Here Is the Robot That Will Extract Water From the Moon
NASA's latest prototype has found a way to, quite literally, get water out of rocks. No word on if it can get blood from stone yet.