#indianfood #indianfoodrecipes #streetsnack #foodie #india
#indianfood #indianfoodrecipes #streetsnack #foodie #india
#netscapenavigator #netscape #mosaic #internet #worldwideweb #internethistory
On a related note, I've moved to full on storage in , but it's a manual option moving files in and out as needed. Maybe this would be the chance for Google to shine and bring us that promised Linux client for Google Drive....and add in directory specific syncing please :-D
#ubuntu #ubuntuone #cloudstorage #googledrive #linux #dropbox
- State Corporation Commission, Richmond, VATechnology Specialist IV, 2005 - presentMaintain, install and service all telecommunications systems including Cisco Call Manager (VoIP), Cisco Unity Connection voice mail, Cisco Contact Center Express, Calabrio Workforce Management and Quality Management systems, call accounting, analog POTS lines, all cellular communications devices (Android, IOS, Blackberry, tablets, pagers, cell phones and wireless data devices), Mobile Device Management systems (BES and Sophos) and fax servers. Manage and troubleshoot many of these systems on VMWare virtual machines. Submit all telecommunications orders for voice and data circuits and cellular device orders. Maintain telecommunications billings and inventory. Also assist the network team in server maintenance (physical and virtual machine) and networking equipment installation and maintenance and minor Active Directory changes. Provide new employee technical training.
- Dominion Telecom, Richmond, VANetwork Transport Equipment Installer, 2001 - 2005Lab technician responsible for the setup, programming, shipping and installation in the field of fiber optic transport systems including DWDM, SONET and Metro Ethernet systems. Use test equipment to troubleshoot fiber optic systems and lines as well as simulate network traffic. Setup and testing of Cisco switches and routers. Maintain -48 volt power plants. Run fiber optic cabling and patch cords and perform minor splicing and testing and cleaning. Perform circuit turn-up in the field. Product lines: Alcatel longhaul DWDM and SONET equipment, Ciena Metro DWDM equipment, Cisco routers and switches (3550 and 6510 switches, 7609 and 12000 series routers).
- Executone Information Systems, Richmond, VAField Engineer/Sales Engineer/Technician, 1993 - 2001Installation and engineering support of analog and digital telephone systems, Automatic Call Distribution systems (ACD), Interactive Voice Response systems (IVR), Predictive Dialer systems, locater systems, paging systems, video conferencing systems, and cabling plants . Provided project management between customers and the installation contractors. Setup, programming, testing and installation of telephone systems and associated call center products. Provided sales engineering support for complex requirements and performed customer demonstrations. Designed cabling system layouts as a Siemons Certified Cabling Systems Designer. Product lines supported: Executone, Nortel, Isotec, and Iwatsu phone systems and call center equipment, Valcom paging systems, GPT Video Conferencing systems, Siemons cabling products.
- U.S. Air Force (The Pentagon/Osan AB, S. Korea/Kelly AFB, San Antonio, TX)Secure Communications Technician, 1984 - 1992Provided installation, maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of secure voice and data communications equipment as well as computer systems and printers. Assignments included: 7th Communications Group, Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia providing support and repair for secure voice and data communications equipment in support of the Secretary of Defense, the Office of the Joint Chief of Staff (all branches of the military), the Whitehouse Communications Agency, the Strategic Defense Initiative, the Air Force Pentagon Operations/Computer Center, and the National Military Command Center. The 2146th Communications Group, Osan Air Force Base, Songtan, South Korea providing computer and printer support, installation, and repair for the Korean Combat Support System used by the U.S. Air Force and the Republic of Korea combat forces throughout South Korea. And the 1923rd Communications Group, Kelly Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas providing support and repair for secure voice and data communications equipment in support of the U.S. Air Force Commissary Agency, Electronic Security Command, and San Antonio Air Logistics Center.
- Collegiate Schools, Richmond, VAMaintenance Technician, 1981 - 1984Provided maintenance support for the school to include, but not limited to plumbing repairs, minor electrical repairs, heating and air conditioning maintenance, automotive repair and care, general school maintenance requests, lawn care, painting, glass window replacement and glazing, audio/video equipment repair, boiler maintenance, operation, cleaning and repair.
I love tech, gadgets of all kinds, computers, Linux operating systems, Android, cooking, preserving, barbequing, fermenting foods, smoking foods, minor vegetable gardening, travel (real and via my arm chair and a book), beer, wine, reading, music (all kinds), electronics and generally anything fun!
I'm a huge supporter and fan of open source software and hardware. I love using Linux as my main operating system (Ubuntu preferred) though I'm just as comfortable with Windows too. I have been using computers since the 300 baud modem days! My first personal computer was a Timex Sinclair 1000 with a cassette player for storage. I cut my teeth programming basic on an Apple II. I've maintained equipment that contained electron tubes in the past. That 600 volt plate voltage can hurt....I'll leave it at that.
I love electronics and have been tinkering with creating and testing circuits since I was about 10. I have background training in complex electronics theory which feeds my other love of being a "Maker". I've always been fascinated with what is inside of things and thus needed to pull it apart to see what makes it tick. I'm always looking to improve something or create my own home brewed version. Give me some wood, plastic, LEDs, wires, a perf board and some screws and nails and I'll make you something cool.
I'm a smartphone/tablet subject matter expert when it comes to Android or IOS. I prefer to use Android (currently carrying a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and a Nexus 10 tablet), but also daily use IOS as well since it is related to what I do for a living. I believe mobile is the wave of the future as we get more and more power in the palm of our hand. I have been in the telecommunications business since I was 18 dealing with local customer premise equipment including telephone systems and call center system as well as long haul trunking for voice and data (fiber and copper). As traditional telecom merges with data networking it is becoming more and more blurred. Having a background in both voice communications and data networking is working out pretty good for me as telecom becomes more advanced.
A secret only you know: I'm a freak for Bollywood films! Yes Yes.....I love them and can't get enough of them. I dream of one day touring India.......Balle Balle Balle! I will love to travel anywhere, but India has a special love in my heart. नमस्ते!
Ubuntu One storage and music service shut down by Canonical
Canonical’s cloud service wasn't making enough money to survive.
Net Neutrality Debate – Cold War of Reality Vs. Illusion
I was intrigued by Netflix CEO Reed Hastings’ recent blog advocating the US needs a strict form of Net Neutrality. Mr. Hastings definition o
Microsoft scans blogger's Hotmail account to track down Windows 8 leaker
An ex-Microsoft employee has been arrested and charged with leaking early copies of Windows 8 and Windows 7. Seattle PI reports that softwar
$2,400 “Introduction to Linux” course will be free and online this summer
The Linux Foundation is putting its training materials up on edX's platform.