Sharon Fisher is principal consultant for gem state community development, based in Kuna, ID. Past and current consulting clients include the Santa Fe Institute, the Idaho Rural Partnership, Sage Resources/Ada County Area Agency on Aging, and the U.S. Forest Service's Boise Aquatic Sciences Lab. She ran for the Idaho State Legislature in 2008 and 2010.
Previously, she has worked for Gartner Inc., IDG Corp., CMP, Interex, and Hewlett-Packard. She was also a graduate assistant at Boise State and interned with the Idaho State Legislature's Joint Finance-Appropriations Committee.
She holds a Masters in Public Administration from Boise State University, as well as graduate certificates in Community and Regional Planning and Geographic Informational Analysis, and plans to enter the Masters in Planning program at Boise State, with the goal of becoming a cultural resources consultant. She also has a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
She is involved in a wide range of community activities, including the following:
· Member, Idaho Press Club, Capitol City Communicators
· Chair, economic development committee, Kuna Chamber of Commerce/Gem State Committee.
· Secretary, Ada County Historic Preservation Committee; Western Heritage Historic Byway Committee.
· Member, Legislative Committee, Idaho PTA. Vice president of communications, Hubbard Elementary School PTA; participated in science curriculum revision committee for Kuna schools.
· Member, Urban Land Institute, Idaho Planning Association, Idaho Smart Growth, US Green Building Council Idaho chapter, American Society of Public Administrators
· Member, Friends of the Kuna Library, City Club, Idaho Environmental Forum, Idaho Conservation League, Idaho Smart Growth, Rural Caucus.
· Charter member, Kuna Kiwanis Chapter; former Lecturer/Steward, Bylaws Committee, Kuna Grange; Lady Assistant Steward, former Treasurer, Bylaws Committee, Ada County Pomona Grange.
· Certified in adult and child CPR and wilderness first aid.
Mother of 11-year-old Maggie.