The How Do You See? mentorship is ready for sign-ups!
This is a special program for those who are looking to add that little extra umph to their images by looking at the world around them in a different way through the +G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers.
I will be taking on a limited number
of people for a 6 week online mentorship program which will include lessons, assignments, and informal discussions. Everyone who participates can have fun and learn at the same time!
I have been taking photos for 40ish years (you do the math). It’s a passion and one of the things that has remained consistent throughout is my ‘photographic eye’. One of the questions I get asked most often is “how did you see that”? In college, on a trip to Greece I was shooting a flower coming through a fence when one of my fellow travelers asked what I was shooting, my reply: Don’t you SEE that? The answer was no of course they didn’t. I also have a passion for helping others and I’m hoping through this mentorship program I can help you find your photographic eye, to see the world around you in a new and different way and to help you produce images that make your viewer see something in a new way as well.
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a technical workshop. You can use any kind of camera - phone - tablet - point and shoot - DSLR and yes, even mirrorless ;). Editing will actually not be allowed for most of this program so editing skills are not needed either! YAY!
Selections will begin March 15th for the mentorship beginning March 20th.
These are the selection criteria:
• You must be taking and posting your own photographs regularly here on G+ –– an absolute minimum of three days between Public posts; more increases your chances of being selected. (The class itself will be private to the group selected except for the option of a public display album of your best work at the end.)
• You must be interactive here at G+, as you will be expected to participate in this program giving feedback and comments to others.
• You have no previous studies in this subject, since this program is designed for those who have not had the opportunity or advantage to add this skill set to their knowledge base.
• You have the time available to participate in this workshop.
To be considered for selection, please comment to the main post only, here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+LauriNovak/posts/1y9Aw9cpSow
(your application will not be seen at any reshares) and answer the following questions in your comment:
1) Photography skill level
2) Photo editing software used most
3) Favorite three subjects to photograph
4) Aspirations within photography
5) Current job or profession
6) Previous art studies
7) Amount of time you have available for participation
1) Intermediate hobby photographer
2) Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CS3
3) Trees, landscapes, waterfalls
4) To sell prints of my work
5) Full-time grocery store clerk
6) I have no previous art studies
7) I do have a job and two kids, but I will make the time for this
The +G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers
is run by program directors +Robin Griggs Wood +Ron Clifford
and +Alex Lapidus