- @VirtualCMODigital Chief Marketing Officer. Marketing and Products, Revenue Growth., 2010 - presentMarketing, Product, Operational, Business Development, Agency Relationships and Digital Transformation expertise, creative and strategic insights, tactical concepts and hands on execution. Digital & Mobile DNA. - WOOFtagg - Wearable Tech business model, product, R&D and operations - interim COO - WOOFipedia - 2M+ National Membership Organization AKC - customer centric strategy, digital and social media integration (2.5M+ fans), brand enhancement, development of new revenue opportunities and digital infrastructure (web, mobile, Marketo and other tools). Digital transformation. Launch woofipedia.com on the web and mobile at http://www.woofipedia.com - Epiq Systems (NASDAQ) - responsible for leading strategic marketing, developing the brand, expanding demand generation, digital and marketing automation, supporting revenue generation, building a world class marketing core competency for a global organization. - NYFU - digital and go-to-market strategy for new eCommerce Brand, redefining category in a major consumer market. http://instagram.com/nyfu - Digital CMO coach to CMOs - Econsultancy: Digital CMO workshops to deliver digitally competitive and agile F2000 marketing organizations; and Co-Author for a new quarterly offering targeting CMOs - subject matter: Marketing/Social Platforms and SoLoMo (convergence of social+mobile+local+digital/offline) - Digital and Marketing Service Provider - architecting the value proposition and assembling an agile marketing automation stack and robust customer profile data model/crm for delivery to CMOs. - Interim CMO/COO at BestBuzz.bz - Interim CMO at MyCityWay.com Others: Start Ups: SuburbanMomma, OWJO; Manpacks, ACustom, Wizperts, ThankFrank, ColdLilies Projects: ixtens, Econsultancy. Advisory: Belfast Boys (Entertainment Marketing & Artist Management); Digital Market & Viral Product Strategy for Cleverbug. Digital Transformation and Growth for brands and organizations - not just the "what to do" - the "how to do it".
- WOOFtaggInterim COO, 2013 - 2014Wearable Tech business: market strategy, business development, product, R&D development, and operations - teaser site live: http://wooftagg.com/
- DimensionUVice President Marketing & Acquistion, 2011 - 2012Recruited to transform DimensionU from a traditional enterprise business model to a direct to consumer SaaS eCommerce brand and business model. Seeded consumer market early 2012 with the DUtheMath marketing program, adding 5,000 users per week. Built out management, marketing and product teams. Created a consumer brand, new user experience and KPI dashboards. Built a social media base from 0 to over 100,000, in 6 weeks, working with up and coming celebrity talent from Atom Factory Management (Lady GaGa team).
- gypsiiSVP Strategy, Marketing, Products and Business Development, 2007 - 2010GyPSii is a mobile social media and location based consumer platform connecting people to local experiences and local businesses (pre-cursor in the market to Foursquare & ShopKick). GyPSii provides consumer applications (3M+ users) and SaaS based API platform to a wide range of companies, such as Samsung, LG, RIM, Wind River (Intel), Garmin, China Unicom, China Mobile, China Telecom, Shanghai Media Group and others. GyPSii operates offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Recruited by the founders to build the marketing, products and business development capabilities and organization from scratch. Successfully delivered to market multiple products for consumer and business audiences. Established the company as a thought leader across three international regions. Developed highly creative hyper local marketing programs to acquire customers. Built out strategic plans, created business model for local advertising and developed requirements for new product. Successful reorganization, recaptilization and strategy for emerging markets. JV with Sina (Weibo 500M users).
- Ibis & Pitney BowesCMO, CTO and VP Market Development, 2005 - 2007Post the Pitney Bowes acquisition of Ibis Consulting, promoted to take on additional responsibilities for PBMS for Strategy and Market Development for Legal Markets, a multi-million dollar business unit. Lead the go-to-market development organically and non-organically of PBMS into the F1000 market, law firms and supporting litigation markets. Responsible for the strategy, product marketing, go-to-market strategy and marketing plans for PBMS legal/compliance offerings, litigation support solutions, electronic discovery and development of records/information management offerings for the legal market. At Ibis - CMO and CTO. Responsible for development and execution of strategic initiatives, the management of the marketing efforts and market penetration of products, services and customers in the marketplace. Leadership role for Strategy, Marketing and Products. Lead team member for market strategy and technology in the sale of Ibis to Pitney Bowes in April 2006. Additional technology responsibilities as CTO for a year. Ibis is a SaaS based electronic discovery solution.
- context mediaVP Marketing and Strategy, 2003 - 2005A content management integration middleware SaaS provider, VC funded prior to acquisition by Oracle in 2005, with 50 employees. F5000 clients in Publishing, Media Brands, CPG and Financial Services. Promoted to role in late 2003 to build out the corporate and go-to-market strategy, a thought leadership program, customer and partner marketing, communications, demand generation, strategic relationships and product marketing. The external voice of the company. Additional responsibility for corporate strategy to identify funding and exit options. Held initial position as Director of Product Marketing and Partnerships for developing and executing the product to market fit, vertical segment marketing, solutions marketing and strategic partnerships.
- agency.comDirector Of Marketing and Strategic Alliances, 1998 - 2002Built the marketing and business development channel for partnerships pre and post IPO, Negotiated and signed 50 strategic, marketing and technology partnership agreements with companies like Akamai, Intel, Sun, IBM, Interwoven, OpenMarket, Intershop, Microsoft, Screaming Media, Phone.com and Sage Analytics. Developed product based service and SaaS offerings with select partners for recurring quarterly revenue stream. External facing voice to partners and analysts. Took on additional responsibilities for client retention and lead generation programs. Interim mobile solutions practice lead in the US for strategy and marketing direction to Mviva, British Airways, Heineken and on multiple US client projects. Managed marquee client, British Airways. Doubled revenues from $3.5M to $8m in a year while rebuilding the customer relationship and expanding it into the C suite. Responsible for the client facing team, part of 120 people in 3 locations, delivering multiple strategic projects: the award winning BA London Destination site; the BA Online Ticketing System; the award winning BA Executive Club Online Loyalty Program and Online Promotional Offers Program.
Chief Marketing Officer / Chief Operating Officer - Digital Entrepreneur.
A marketing, product, business development and technology operations executive who has built teams with direct responsibility for revenue, marketing, product and operations, and a stint as CTO. Has led the building and transformation of companies in multiple market sectors with deep experience in digital, social media, mobile, wearable tech, software/SaaS and products for both B2B and B2C markets, company and agency side.
Shane takes a (founder’s/CEO's) vision and creates the map for the organization to build the steps and goals to successful execution across teams, with a CEO like focus on top line growth. He anticipates, prepares and pulls the “levers” for growth.
He was a leader on 4 very successful exits; 2 acquired by F500 companies (Oracle & Pitney Bowes); 1 x IPO on NASDAQ; a joint venture with Weibo China; has advised over 20 startups and has raised over $80M from VC and institutional investors.
US and international experience for mature, expansion phase, and early stage companies. Identify and capitalize on market opportunities to drive market visibility, fuel revenues and deliver above average growth. Strong hands on operational experience with markets and organizations in transformation. Built high performance teams in multiple functions. Strategic, Data Driven, Creative and Operational Mix - helicopter skills. Develop the “what to do” and drive the “how to do it” in new or mature organizations.
- Market Leadership – Tier 1 Brand/Thought Leadership for $XX revenue & customer growth, B2B (4x) and B2C (4x) brands
- Team Building – built/realigned 5 to 150+ person teams . 3 hands-on digital transformations
- Entrepreneur – 3M+ mobile users, 2.5M+ social media audience, multiple enterprise API solutions (Global Brands), SaaS offerings x4, Wearable Consumer tech
- Marketing Execution – transformed marketing at $200M+ F500 tech business unit, 3X ROI, built 6x digital marketing core competencies and 5x marketing/sales funnel automation stacks
- Strategic Partnerships – Negotiated over 100 partnerships generating $XX revenues, managed $XXM clients
Experience in senior marketing, market development, business development, operations and products roles, even a stint as CTO, at: VirtualCMO, WOOTagg, dimensionu (DUtheMath), gypsii, pitney bowes management services, ibis consulting, context media and agency.com.VirtualCMO. Marketing, Product, Operational, Business Development, Agency Relationships and Digital Transformation expertise, creative and strategic insights, tactical concepts and hands on execution. Digital & Mobile DNA. Strategic Advisor.
- WOOFtagg - Wearable Tech business model, product, R&D and operations. (acting COO).
- NYFU - digital and go-to-market strategy for new eCommerce Brand, redefining category in a major consumer market. http://instagram.com/nyfu
- Digital CMO coach to CMOs
- Econsultancy: Digital CMO workshops to deliver digitally competitive and agile F2000 marketing organizations; and Co-Author for a new quarterly offering targeting CMOs - subject matter: Marketing/Social Platforms and SoLoMo (convergence of social+mobile+local+digital/offline)
- Digital and Marketing Service Provider - architecting the value proposition and assembling an agile marketing automation stack and robust customer profile data model/crm for delivery to CMOs.
- Interim CMO at BestBuzz.bz
- Interim CMO at MyCityWay.com
Start Ups: SuburbanMomma, OWJO; Manpacks, ACustom, Wizperts
Projects: ixtens, Econsultancy.
Advisory: Belfast Boys (Entertainment Marketing & Artist Management); Digital Market & Viral Product Strategy for Cleverbug.
Digital Transformation and Growth for brands and organizations - not just the "what to do" - the "how to do it".
- Increase your following/fans
- Increase your social engagement
- Increase your content reach into social streams
- Increase your repeat traffic weekly and monthly on social media
- Drive clear CTA (call to action) for brand/product offerings
- Co-Sponsor/Partner Revenue Channel
- Build a database of new social media contacts and contact details
- Geo-based context and targeting
socialKO - Knock Out Social Engagement.
50+ key takeaways and soundbites from the Festival of Marketing
Last week thousands of marketers attended our Festival of Marketing at the Tobacco Dock in London.
21 App Optimization Tools for Data-Driven Marketers
We’ve divided this list into the various sections of the marketing funnel. We’ve selected the best apps to help you get more downloads, acti
10 online marketing statistics we've seen this week
From searches for Disney's Frozen fancy dress costumes to cross channel marketing maturity, it can only be the stats roundup!
What is marketing attribution and why do you need it?
In this post I take a term that you’re all probably well aware of and try to enlighten myself, and hopefully the few of you who are just as
24 resources and tools to inspire digital marketing beginners
There are lots of posts on the internet detailing free tools for marketers.
Four Words of Ecommerce Wisdom That Will Waste Your Time
Learn the four things to avoid with an eCommerce site.
Schuh's adoption of responsive and the importance of a 'mobile first' ap...
Footwear retailer Schuh has just launched a new responsive site, but previously used its outlet site, Branch309, as a pilot for this.
First-Timer Insights: 4 Mobile App-Launching Myths
Creating your first mobile app could be a challenging experience. Here we bust common app-launching myths and hare ideas to help you make a
11 Steps to Building Your Content Marketing Machine
In organizations, processes are setup to produce consistent, repeated, and predictable results with minimal friction. Th...
iBeacon trials: 13 brands trying to find a use case
You’ve probably heard about iBeacons. It's the cool new technology that Apple put in the latest iOS that’s going to kill NFC, QR codes and e