Are we to believe that a plane crossed India and flew that close to Diego Garcia without detection?
I can't think of any government or major corporation employees who are Glass Explorers - can you?
That doesn't mean that they don't exist.
But no one I know working for those sorts of organizations would be permitted to use Glass in the workplace.
This is a prototype for a consumer product, in my opinion.
Think of this testing as a sort of counterterrorism scrimmage. The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission identifies possible threats to nuclear plants based on what Fury calls “real-world intelligence from overseas,” then works with the Nuclear Energy Institute to hire a private contractor. The contractor, in turn, hires people like Fury (retired Special Ops guys, mostly—Delta Force alums, former Army Rangers, and the like) to mimic said threats. It’s your basic war game, just with the objective of causing an imagined nuclear meltdown. (The group playing the enemy in such an exercise is typically known as the “red team.” Red-teaming is not a new concept, but it gained popularity throughout government and private industry as a counterterrorism tactic after the 9/11 attacks.)
- ProcessISInc (GE, CMI, Booz, CAT)Managing Principal, presentConsulting, Training and Program Management Process Improvement Solutions Efficiency Improvement Solutions Problem Solving Solutions - Root Cause Analysis New Product Introduction and/or repositioning New Process Introduction and/or repositioning New Service Offering introduction and/or repositioning To Grow the Top line and/or Expand the Operating Margin
- CumminsProject/Program Manager/Engineer, 1995 - 2005Program Manager, NPI, Customer Engineering, Rapid Problem Solving (RPS), Root Cause Investigation, DMAIC, DFSS, Marketing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Heavy Duty Operations, Control System Design Engineer/Manager, On Highway Diesel Engines
- General ElectricSenior Program Manager, 2005 - 2007Senior Program Manager, Energy, Power Generation, Managed programs with budgets over $5MM, Field Data Collection Management and Analysis for Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Generators and Balance of Plant (BOP), Lean
- Booz Allen HamiltonAssociate, 2007 - 2007Operations, Power Generation, Energy, Consulting, Lean
- Caterpillar Inc.Senior Program/Project Manager, 2007 - 2008Senior Program Manager, Operations, APQP, Quality, NPI, DMAIC, Lean, Manufacturing, Heavy Construction and Mining
Shaker Cherukuri, MBA/MSEE, is the managing principal at Process Improvement Solutions, Inc . He has over eighteen teen years of experience encompassing two continents in various industry segments: discrete manufacturing, power systems/services, energy (power generation), heavy construction/mining equipment and technology.
- Proven track record for success. Over $350MM economic benefit generated between Cummins, GE (Energy), Caterpillar.
- Over $250MM opportunities identified as a consultant.
- Awarded Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Department Of Energy (DOE) Contract via Shaw Areva at the MOX Project. MOX project is setting up the infrastructure to build Nuclear Power plants in the United States
Shaker's expertise was garnered from having worked at three fortune 500 companies in the United States, two of which are also DJIA components (Cummins, GE, Caterpillar) and one of the top five management consulting firms (Booz). Shaker also worked at two leading technology firms in Bangalore and Mumbai, India (WIPRO and Rolta).
Shaker has an MBA in marketing from IU Kelley School of Business and a Masters in Electrical Engineering from University of Louisville.
He is also an expert in Lean, DFSS and DMAIC having trained in these Six Sigma Methodologies at Cummins, GE, Caterpillar and Booz Allen Hamilton.
Google Voice: (408) 634-4754
- IU Kelley School of BusinessMBA, 2002 - 2005
- University of LouisvilleMSEE, 1991 - 1995