- University of Maryland University CollegeM.Sc. Technology Management, 1995 - 1997
- Pennsylvania State UniversityB.Sc. Computer Science, 1987 - 1990
- University of HoustonElectrical Engineering, 1986 - 1987
Shahid Shah is the CEO of Netspective Communications, a software consultancy whose actionable advice and disciplined approach delivers custom software for in-house, outsourced, or offshore solutions.
For the past 15 years Shahid has held the positions of CTO, VP of Technology, Chief Software Architect, or Enterprise Architect at startups as well as Fortune 500 Companies. His technology expertise includes service-oriented and event-driven architectures, Java/JEE, .NET, and agile development and his healthcare focus starts with an emphasis on e-health, EMRs, data integration, and legacy modernization.
Shahid's an expert at discovering practical technology solutions to real-world business initiatives, especially in the government, healthcare and financial services industries. His expertise includes standards development, enterprise architecture analysis and design, interoperability planning, legacy modernization, and related work. He’s worked at NIH on standards, Executive Office of the President (White House) and OMB on helping define the needs for standards, and at various commercial healthcare firms like CardinalHealth and COMSYS. In addition to working with C-Suite executives he continues to help engineering teams with architecture and development advice.
He is an influential thought leader and a winner of Federal Computer Week's coveted "Fed 100" award given to IT experts that have made a big impact in the government and runs three successful blogs. At http://shahid.shah.org he writes about architecture issues, at http://www.healthcareguy.com he provides valuable insights on how to apply technology in health care, athttp://www.federalarchitect.com he advises senior federal technologists, and at http://www.hitsphere.com he gives a glimpse of the health-care IT blogosphere as an aggregator.
- Netspective Communications LLCCEO, 1997 - present
- Covidien, CR Bard, simplifyMD, CareFusion, CardinalHealth, NIH, Office of Management & Budget (OMB), Executive Office of the President (EOP), American Red Cross, Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO), COMSYS, Northrop Grumman, United States Navy (NSWC)