DartVoid's Beta starts today and we have the first developers trying out the platform as we speak!
It's been a long road here and the fact that we've had a great number of users who showed their interested has really helped us keeping the motivation up.
In the coming days we will add more developers and try to add more documentation and examples.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us!
* The HTTP stack, which is written in Dart, was reworked to take advantage of the Dart VM's generational garbage collector. For example, short-lived objects are very cheap to collect, so we now allocate new buffers frequently, instead of reusing buffers.
* On Linux and Mac, we reduced the number of required system calls for asynchronous I/O, which significantly reduced I/O latency. This was accomplished by moving from a combined pull and push based I/O event model, to an entirely push based solution where the OS is responsible for emitting all I/O events.
* We profiled profiled some server-side applications and identified missing optimization opportunities in the Dart VM's optimizing compiler. The VM team also tuned the compiler (for example, inlining strategies and closure calls) for more efficient asynchronous Dart code.
* Again, by profiling some samples, we identified some elements in dart:core and dart:async, that was sub-optimal. (e.g Uri-parsing and toLowerCase).
They both are (almost were) big pains for me.
"The robot employs an ARM-powered Samsung® Galaxy S4 smartphone powered by a Samsung Exynos 5 Octa application processor to analyze the cube and instruct four robotic hands to do the manipulations. ARM9™ processors also power the eight LEGO® MINDSTORMS® EV3 bricks which perform the motor sequencing and control."
- Developer Advocate, 2010 - present
- Camber Corporation, Errorlytics, Chimp, eHawaii.gov, Brivo Systems
- Rochester Institute of Technology
How I Learned to Stop Worrying, and Love Dart - Matt Briggs
Interactive Isometric Landscape Generator - Dart HTML5 Canvas
Landscape generation has always got my attention - starting with fault line graphics generation back on the 8-bit Dragon 32. That required s
Chromium Blog: Dart 1.0: A stable SDK for structured web apps
Today we're releasing the Dart SDK 1.0, a cross-browser, open source toolkit for structured web applications. In the two years since we firs
Getting Started with Dart on Compute Engine - Random posts about coding
Quick how-to on using dart with Compute Engine. If not aware, right now is a great time to dive into Compute Engine cause google is giving a
RESTful CRUD APIs with AppEngine, Cloud Endpoints and Dart code generation.
Dart and Web UI is an ideal platform for writing single page web apps. These are typically made up of static files (html, css, js/dart) that
8 Dart Features Those Fat Cats Don’t Want You to Know - Programming
In this article, I'll show you eight more features that help Dart stand on its own as a productive, ceremony-free language. Remember, Dart c
Review: Dart in Action (Chris Buckett) | Christian Grobmeier Solutions
Christ Buckett wrote a great book on Googles new programming language Dart. I read it and this is my review.
Google I/O 2013: What's New in Dart: Your First-class Upgrade to Web Dev...
Come see what's new in Dart with its comprehensive, open-source ecosystem for the modern web developer. Learn how to be more productive with