Here's some SEO On Page Factors that will help with your overall rankings...
1. Keyword in domain (if possible/not super relevant anymore since the emd (Exact Match Domain) update by Google but I have used this method recently and still achieved 17 page 1 rankings for keyword phrases
2. Keyword in first sentence
3. Keyword density 2-4%
4. Keyword in anchor text linking to another internal page (site.com/anotherpage
5. Keyword link to authority site, e.g. Wiki <a ref=”en.wikipedia.org/wiki/wine
”>WINE</a> with WINE as the keyword
6. Bold, underline and italicize your keyword at least once
7. Keyword in Title, H1, H2 and H3 tags. E.g. for keyword iphone: Include iphone in Title. H1 Supports the Title and could include: iphone accessories, ipone games, iphone software. H2 supports H1, e.g.: iphone sports games, iphone puzzle games – and so on….
8. Images – for interest and with ALT tag for search engines on every page. <img src=”ysite.com/image.jpg
” ALT=keyword” />
9. Content should be in 800-1000 word range
10. Posts should be a minimum of 400 words (longer better)
11. Bounce rate and retention rates matter and measured by Google. Use video 2-3 min in length.