As anticipated, Google+ is officially powering Google's local search.
47 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 5 previous comments
- Thanks(Merci)Google!May 30, 2012
- So, here's the thing I don't get. It doesn't appear they've combined Google+ Pages with Google+ Local. This seems really odd. Why do businesses need to maintain both a "page" and a "local" entry? Is there a benefit I'm not seeing in keeping them separate?May 30, 2012
- apparently some pages are combined - for example seems to have both a posts tab and an about tab, complete with reviews. Business owners probably just have to do something to merge both pages, although I'm not quite sure what.
Any ideas?May 30, 2012
- I don't see why they have to be separate at all. It's making business owners do more to maintain their Google Local presence, when one merged option could easily be created. I hate too much like a Google critic, but as usual we have to play the game we're given until enough people complain about the inefficiency of it all. I think Don raises a valid point here.May 30, 2012
- They are bringing it all together and finding ways to integrate. You Tube with Hangouts and now bringing in places into Google +. They seem so be getting the hang of integration... The Google + Pages and Google + Local remains a question though :)Jun 2, 2012
- It turns out that the question of combining your local and your business page is the number one question they are getting.explains the roadmap in this video post about the new features. Short answer, you can't but they're working on it. Well worth a watch.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/102991700177087923792/posts/E473zpNYrZuJun 2, 2012