I know a lot of you have been working on your personal finances and trying to get them in order, and I encourage you to continue that journey, even more diligently now than ever before. There are so many things going on that indicate that troubling economic times are coming for the U.S. so I want you to be prepared.
First for some of the highlights indicating rocky times ahead. When looking at indicators for the stock market we see many things all starting to turn downward such the major stock market exchanges, the S&P 500 and the Dow. There are several indicators telling us that a coming downturn in the markets are coming. Also, the transportation sector has been turning down for a while and this is significant because it works in conjunction with the major stock market indexes to indicate downward trends.
Outside of that the dollar has been turning down as well and even though it may potentially climb up again once or twice it is ultimately starting to turn down. This means your dollars won't be worth as much and things will cost more than they do right now.
Additionally there is a very notable cycle taking place every 7 years in the markets. We see that for every 7 years we go back there is a major stock market decline: 2008 (housing crash), 2001 (stock market crash), 1994 (bond market crash), 1987 (black Monday), etc. That means that 2015 is the next 7 year cycle for an economic downturn. The interesting thing about this is that each of these crashes occurs in a biblically significant year on the Jewish calendar that is associated with judgement and economic downturn is a part of this. For more detail on that see books called The Harbinger and The Shemitah by Jonathan Cahn. They are absolutely fascinating. The Harbinger is the first book and I recommend you get that one first if you're interested. You won't be able to put it down.
Looking further at economic influences we see the issue of the Federal Reserve raising the interest rates which have been held down for 9 years in attempt to improve the economy, but they can't be held down forever. Even though the economy isn't really recovering well the Fed is talking about raising the interest rates which also puts downward pressure on the markets. What this means for you is that any variable rate interest debt you have such as a mortgage, loans, credit cards, etc. will be subject to being raised.
So what can you do?
Here are the actions I recommend taking:
1. Put a plan together to aggressively pay off all variable rate debt (except for your mortgage)
2. If you can refinance your mortgage into a fix rate loan while rates are the best you're going to get for a very long time.
3. If you're invested in the stock market seriously consider moving out of the stock market and into commodities. Commodities will go up when the markets decline and the dollar falls. Gold and silver are the most common but oil/energy, agriculture and other metals are also good. Getting some of your investments into foreign stocks are also wise.
4. Save up an emergency fund. If you're trying to get out of debt start with $1,000 and pay off your debt. Once you're out of debt (except for your house) you'll want to aggressively put together an emergency fund of 3-6 months worth of expenses.
5. Make sure you have a job in an industry that people still need when there is a recession such as certain parts of healthcare.
These are the major things you need to focus on right now. If you need help with any of this just shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll be glad to help you in your situation...no I'm not charging you. I just want to make sure everyone is safe and secure when things get bad, and they will. They always do. If you email me I will also send you my ebook for free called The Freedom Guide - How to Achieve Financial Dreams and the Freedom You Desires. I will post updates from time to time here and on my Google+ wall as well. Godspeed everyone!
#economy #stockmarket #debt #mortgagerates #savingmoney #jobs #money #gold #silver
- PHRHuman Resources, 2010 - presentProfessional of Human Resources
- Ashford UniversityPsychology, 2005 - 2009
- Ashford UniversitySociology, 2005 - 2009
- Professional Christian Coaching InstituteLife Coaching, 2010 - 2011
- Johnson County Community CollegeBusiness Leadership, 2012 - 2012
- EntrepreneurBusiness Owner, 2013 - presentI run a zero gravity think tank helping people overcome their problems through idea generation, feedback and coaching. Contact me for a free consultation today. Nothing is too small, or too big.
- Life Moments CoachingBusiness Owner, 2010 - 2012Help people get out of the rut they are in so they can make and meet their wellness goals.
The Truth About Learning And How To Increase Yours | LinkedIn
We live in a world that is teeming with information, referenced by the fact that this age we live in is known as the information age. In thi
If I Were 22: To Succeed, You Need to Be Hungry | LinkedIn
This post is part of a series in which Influencers share lessons from their youth. Read all the stories here.You and I have certainly grown
How to Encourage Google+ Fans to Share Your Content |
Use Google+ Circles, Ripples and searches to identity, monitor and connect with your brand evangelists on Google+.
Food Allergies and Intolerances | I Am Free To Eat
How do I know if I have a food allergy? Find out how to detect them yourself and save hundreds in lab testing. Time to eliminate troublesome