View 67 previous comments
- You said "Its not about true love, its about lust and lack of self respect." did you not see what you're responding to? The picture is of two heterosexual couples getting married because of lust and a lack of self respect and how a homosexual couple of 8 years cannot get married legally. Why is the heterosexual marriage legal and not the homosexual one, since they're proven to be the opposite of what you just said marriage was about.Jul 25, 2012
- When you allow them to get married but not the good homosexuals you condone the Kardashian/Perry/Spears/etc. marriages and exclude the good homosexuals like Sally Ride, George Takei, NPH, etc. I would like to see you take a stand and move to actively prohibit both "bad" kinds of marriage(in your view) or neither of them.Jul 26, 2012
- I think what a lot of people posting are forgetting is that people won't change something they believe unless they want to. Matthew, while you make a decent point about the original intent of the image, the truth is that it is an argument that is only meaningful to those who are already open to the concept of gay marriage. But I think that there has been progress made in this thread. Marty has acknowledged that the lives of decisions of homosexuals do not have to affect his life or his beliefs. This is very different than earlier when he was making points where homosexuality was sexually deviant and was using pedophilia and bestiality as an extreme comparison. Meanwhile, most of the posters have stopped claiming that Marty's religious views or even choice of religion were backwards and based on ignorance. This is progress, it might not be a solution but it's sure a lot better than yelling out insults and making each side hate each other more. So let's stop trying to convince each other and start trying to understand each other, because that's where we'll find true advancement on the issue.Jul 26, 2012
- Evan's posts are still up, he just changed his profile pic. Making remarks like that isn't right even if it's done out of anger or annoyance, but your not making them now. Rather than saying 'oh it's horrible that Marty said those things' I prefer thinking about it as 'Marty made those remarks before, but he has stopped and is now acting more reasonably, I believe that we are learning to communicate better. Let's encourage this and see if we can come to an understanding.'Jul 26, 2012
- These comments did hit a bit of a raw nerve with me.
I don't know what it feels like to love another man, but I know what it feels like to love a woman and I imagine it's pretty much the same feeling. I imagine it feels nice to be in love for most people.
I also know what it feels like to have people tell you that you shouldn't be with that person, that your relationship is wrong and that your love is somehow inferior.
In our case it was because of religion.
A person's relationship with the one that they love is at the core of their identity, and having that relationship judged by outsiders does hurt.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that people can agree with or disagree with homosexuality all they like, but at the very least they should be careful not to judge or be offensive, because it's not nice to be on the receiving end.Jul 26, 2012
- I don't see it as being politically correct
I just have very little patience for people telling two adults who they should or shouldn't be in a relationship with
Relationships are very intimate, personal things, and for others to judge two people based on religion, race or gender is pretty assholey, and I don't mind calling that out if I see it
I can't see his posts now, so the guy has either blocked me or deleted his posts, but if I remember correctly there was a guy in this thread being an asshole. I was simply trying to make a logical counterargumentJan 22, 2014