Correct: this was not the way to avoid overhyping. Ah, well; everyone makes mistakes.
11 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Heh. It's hard not to get overly excited by those phrases, but trying not to. I'm just going to assume that it's strong(er) evidence for liquid water in the past. Will just have to wait and see :)Nov 22, 2012
- There is pretty convincing evidence already about past surface water, from the MER missions and Phoenix, so I don't think anything about water would rises to the level of "for the history books".Nov 22, 2012
- tim hem+1it reminds me of the joke when Curiosity first landed - scientists confirm ...there are rocks on Mars.
Solid data on just about anything is one for the history books for the science team.Nov 23, 2012
- I'm pretty sure they found Marvin and his minions.Nov 23, 2012
- Yeah, the phrase "for the history books" is not a good one to use if you don't want the public wildly speculating. ;)Nov 23, 2012