2 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 46 previous comments
- where is the explicit Language of a "quota" for hiring in employment, and tell me one doesn't exist.3w
- talk to a police office and tell me there is no quota for the minimum of tickets, stops on the street, but you will find no quota in the legislation.
A banks lively hood was on the line should a over reaching government bring charges of not meeting falling in the grey area of " meet(ing) the needs of the low- and moderate- income borrower?3w
- do voter ID laws specficly state the reason for "disenfranchisement", are they still there?3w
- Well, ya got me there. "Disenfranchisement" is not explicitly stated in any voter laws. Numerous lawsuits have been filed over that topic.
Did any of the banks sue for injunctive relief from a provision in the Community Reinvestment Act that forced them to make a bad loan? If you can find it, I'm sure we'd all like to see it.3w
- I'm not going to spin my wheels to keep your day ocupued, there is not mention in the definitions of the law, unless you can show me, that defines" low- and (or) moderate income borrowers.
With such an ambiguous law what would the grounds be for a law suit? Even while in litigation, to not have application for deposite facilities including mergers and acquisitions, you're screwed.3w
- Then don't, as you'll prove my point. Any enterprising law firm could challenge the law as being too vague.
2) Under vagueness doctrine, a statute is also void for vagueness if a legislature's delegation of authority to judges and/or administrators is so extensive that it would lead to arbitrary prosecutions.
law.cornell.edu - Void for vagueness
Banks are not the victims here.3w
- Even while in litigation, to not have application for deposite facilities including mergers and acquisitions, you're screwed. While in litigation your ablity to proceed against the competition puts you at a disadvantage. 100's of thousands of cases are litigated out of court for reasons of cost and time lost while out the market place.3w