1. Many utilities are trimming or removing trees to protect power lines. That's important, but I believe state and local governments should require the utilities to replace trees elsewhere one-for-one, or help fund parks and urban forestry efforts. Our communities could use more trees.
2. I believe U.S. congress should change #ColumbusDay to #ExplorerDay. Instead of celebrating one person (Columbus did not discover America and it didn't end well for Native Americans), our nation should celebrate all of America's exploration efforts on land, sea, air and space.
If you are so inclined, feel free to share these ideas with your legislators.
- Ball State UniversityTelecommunications, 2002 - 2006
- Ball State UniversityJournalism Education, 1987 - 1993
- Indiana Department of Natural ResourcesSenior Webmaster, 2008 - present
Man Infected with Ebola Misinformation Through Casual Contact With Cable...
“Mr. Klugian is believed to have been exposed to cable news for no more than ten minutes, but long enough to become infected.”
Thrills Times Four: Matte Art From Hitchcock's 60's Era
I am constantly in awe of the talent and style of Alfred Hitchcock - arguably one of cinema's great visionary film makers whose output was u
NASA releases 3D Printable Models of Asteroids, Moon Surfaces, Spacecraf...
When it comes to 3D printing, NASA certainly doesn't want to be left out in the cold. A couple months ago, we learned that NASA was teaming
Spot-On Business Cards for 16 of Hollywood’s Greatest Characters | Under...
What if your favorite movie characters had to rebrand themselves to find work? They'd need business cards just like these.
Plain Language Page Titles: More Important than Ever | DigitalGov
Government Web pages are found mainly through search engines. Google recently redesigned its search results page and there are quite a few s
Evergreen West Weather | Personal Weather Station: KINYORKT3 by Wundergr...
Weather Underground provides local & long range Weather Forecast, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwid
STAR TREK – INTO DARKNESS: VFX breakdown by ILM | The Art of VFX | Exclu...
WANT TO KNOW MORE? STAR TREK – INTO DARKNESS: My interview of Roger Guyett, Overall VFX Supervisor and 2nd Unit Director. © Vincent Frei – T
Frigid Winnipeg temperatures reach as cold as the planet Mars
It's been really cold in southern Manitoba this week — in fact, it's so cold that the Manitoba Museum reported on their Facebook page that i
Nibble Me This: Twenty Tips: Prime Rib on the Grill
I put together this list of 20 tips for a perfect fire roasted beef rib roast. Some of them are ones I have learned by experience, some are
Using Glass with iOS and other devices - Google Glass Help
While Glass should work with most Bluetooth-capable phones, for best results, we recommend using Glass with an Android or iPhone phone. For