- Northwestern University, Medill School of JournalismJournalism, 1988
- Brandeis UniversityEnglish and American Literature, 1986
- FlypsideCo-Founder, Chief Growth Officer, 2014 - presentFlypside is a revolutionary new smartphone application for people in motion. It allows you to create a forward-facing timeline to communicate where you will be in the future and meet up with the people you choose. Overseeing all growth activity, including brand development and communication, user acquisition, international partnerships, marketing communication strategy and staff.
- Adelson & AssociatesCommunication Consultant, 2000 - presentCommunication strategies. Communication solutions.
- Signal Media ProjectPresident, Executive Director, 2013 - presentPromoting and facilitating the accurate portrayal of science, technology and history in popular media. Changing our culture's relationship with popular media. http://signalmedia.org/
- EcosalonSenior Editor, Columnist, 2010 - presentColumnist: HyperKulture: http://ecosalon.com/tag/hyperkulture/ & InPRINT: http://ecosalon.com/tag/inprint/.
The Daring, “Degenerate” Book Jackets of the Weimar Republic
Weimar book artists mashed up the styles of new art movements — Expressionism, New Objectivity, Constructivism, plus photography — to design
The Millions : Confining Roberto Bolaño’s ‘2666’ to the Stage
Reading Roberto Bolaño's 2666, or perhaps any masterwork of its scope, like War and Peace, one experiences a sequence of intellectual, emoti
Juxtapoz Magazine - Photographing Nudes with Sam Haskins
South African photographer Sam Haskins, who passed away in 2009, left behind a defining legacy as a key player in mainstream 20th century ph
Do People Blow Your Mind? You Just Might Be a Humanist
If you experience awe when witnessing dazzling examples of our human footprint, you might be a humanist - something with very down-to-earth
Celebrating Cassandre: Gorgeous Vintage Posters by One of History’s Grea...
"He translated the essence of a thing -- like a train, a ship, or a person -- to the most 'graphic' expression." French-Ukrainian painter
Tauba Auerbach's RGB Colorspace Atlas Depicts Every Color Imaginable
The RGB Colorspace Atlas by New York-based artist Tauba Auerbach is a massive tome containing digital offset prints of every variation of RG
Artists Give Vaccines a Much-Needed Shot in the Arm
A new vaccination awareness campaign The Art of Saving a Life, which is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, will be rolled out
A Better Way to Think About the Genre Debate - The New Yorker
The distinction between literary fiction and genre fiction is neither contemporary nor ageless. It bears the stamp of a unique time in liter
Why “Psychological Androgyny” Is Essential for Creativity
"Creative individuals are more likely to have not only the strengths of their own gender but those of the other one, too." Despite the im
“The Giving Tree” at Fifty: Sadder Than I Remembered - The New Yorker
A strange thing happens when we encounter a book we used to love and suddenly find it charmless; the feeling is one of puzzled dissociation.
Gonzo Erotica: Fight Club Author Chuck Palahniuk Talks About Sex and Dea...
Rather than take recent advice delivered by ;Fight Club author Chuck Palahniuk, to ease the reader into it a piece of writing, coaxing them
The Literary United States: A Map of the Best Book for Every State | Bro...
All are literary in voice and spirit; all will let you understand a place in a profound way. And none of them are Gone with the Wind.