This was really stupid. Big thanks to the guy/girl who wrote this.
162 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 109 previous comments
- Good thing that in most stem working environments women are too smart to consider themselves harassed by men being on their primitive animal side. Some of them are just smart enough to work and live with that. That being said, I guess we all agree on harassment being bad - but there is way too much crap being yelled at as harassment, when really, it's just a different taste/opinion/view.
Funny if people scream discrimination and demand tolerance when some others have a totally different opinion. :DNov 21, 2014
- Wait, you're saying that the lack of women in "stem working environments" is the fault of women who can't or don't wish to put up with the harassment, then? Because they're not "smart enough"?
Do you realize how terrible that sounds?Nov 21, 2014
- Don't get me wrong: Harassment is a crime for a good reason. Discrimination is illegal, too.
Also: People screaming harassment because they don't get to do anything productive should be... considered harassment of intellect. ^^
Have you ever met one of those 'crusaders' at your workplace? Those people who roam the office looking for offensive wallpapers, pictures, drawings,... I have. IRKS. She was an embarassment to all her female coworkers who had no problem getting their job done and were respected and self-secure enough to not care about wallpapers of something-that-could-be-the-painted-side-of-a-bum-with-a-tattoo-on-it.
If you want respect you need to earn it. Demanding respect just grants you less of it. No gender in that.Nov 21, 2014
- Are you also not in the US? Just wondering.Nov 21, 2014
- Sorry, I'm one of those Germans that just seem to be everywhere these days.Nov 21, 2014
- Thanks. In the United States we don't have people quite like you describe, because not doing that stuff is pretty much required by all HR departments. It does seem there's a bit of a cultural shift as regards hostile work environments...Nov 21, 2014