10 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Persuasion d8 seems a little low (even with her +4 Charisma), especially compared to her Shooting d12.48w
- what do you think?48w
- Not being able to convince Bruce Banner to have shower sex? Yeah, I'd say Persuasion is a d6 myself.48w
- http://savageit.blogspot.com/2015/04/natasha-romanoffblack-widow.html), she DID have a Persuasion of d10, but there are a couple of key things to keep in mind. Most of my reasoning is actually available in a post from (http://savage-stuff.blogspot.com/2016/04/persuasion-is-not-mind-control.html). If you watch the movies Black Widow is in (Iron Man 2, Avengers, Winter Soldier, and Age of Ultron, along with tie in comics), the only time that she really actually "persuades" anyone to a better attitude level off the top of my head is.. that guy in the Apple Store in Winter Soldier, I think—and even then, Persuasion can only score a single raise (attitude level). Even in a Dramatic Task (which is at –2 generally speaking), she'd still be at a d8+2, and I don't recall any situations where she was in a either a Dramatic Task or Social Conflict like that. On top of that, between Bennies and the Infiltrator Edge (granting her a +2 to Persuasion rolls to lie or maintain a disguise/cover), she's more than capable enough to do her job.Funnily enough, back in my original iteration of her (
While it could be argued that she should still have a Persuasion of d10, I just haven't seen enough of her persuading people to warrant it: she has that courtroom scene at the end of Winter Soldier, which is good but not incredible, and in the first Avengers she persuades Banner to come to the helicarrier effectively at gunpoint. Her interrogations are much more focused on Taunting (as per the rules in Deadlands Noir), which honestly still has me on the Edge about bringing her Taunt up to a d10 and drop her Streetwise to a d6 (or her Throwing to a d8) instead. I suppose we'll see how things turn out in Civil War and I have to throw out a patch to fix all these assholes.
EDIT: As far as the d12 Shooting is concerned, I don't think I've ever seen her miss a shot, do you? Really, more often than not she probably gets raises, given how easily she drops extras with those things, even when they're armored.48w
- Uhm, the scene in Avengers, where she absolutely destroys the captured Loki by making him spill his plan to her? :)48w
- Yup, that's Taunt! As per Deadlands Noir on interrogations: "As in other Social Conflicts, an interrogation is broken down into three rounds of conversation. The gumshoe can use Intimidation, Persuasion, or Taunt to try to get his stoolie to talk. Intimidation represents attempting to coerce or frighten the informant, while Persuasion relies on sweet talk or promises. Finally, Taunt is not just to ridicule or belittle, but also for any time the shamus is trying to trick his subject into revealing the truth."
If that last sentence doesn't sound like all of the times we see Natasha interrogate anyone, then I don't know what does! That's one of the main reasons I'm thinking of upping her Taunt to a d10.48w
- Oh! I stand corrected, then. :)48w