Our #io13 talk has been posted to YouTube. Check it out for details on Android support for Bluetooth Low Energy and AVRCP 1.3 — including a sneak peek of the APIs that will be released in the next version of Android — and some tips for Bluetooth development in general.
15 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 14 previous comments
- May 29, 2013
- There are plenty of Galaxy Nexus owners (including myself) that want BLE for their device. Google is taking a lesson from Apple and trying to force people to by new devices by creating artificial limitations on older hardware.
Also it would be nice if Google/Android would respond to this ticket: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=33371Jun 3, 2013
- I also imagine it likely costs to re-certify a device for BTLE support, not a lot of manufactures will cough up the dough to do this.Jun 13, 2013
- Maybe galaxy nexus will be brought up to 4.3 see http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-nexus-passes-bluetooth-android-4-3-224336/Jun 18, 2013
- I in fact read this, but am not going to offer official Google comments on my personal G+ account, sorry. :)Jul 25, 2013
- One of the Android DevRel accounts.
I'm in the process of moving across the country, so will be extra not-responsive at the moment.Jul 26, 2013