Staying healthy made easy with the Gear S2 and S Health
The Samsung Gear S2 is full of incredible features but perhaps none are more beneficial—especially when it comes to your health—than the S Health applicationHow to Track Your Movement on the Gear S2
The Gear S2 allows you to manually log your fitness activity by the type of exercise you’re doing.
1. Rotate the bezel until you reach the Exercise screen
within the S Health app.
2. Tap the arrow.
3. Select your desired exercise. (For example, tap Walking
4. To use location-based services, tap Accept
5. Touch the target time to adjust it, or rotate the bezel to the right to choose a distance or calorie target—or no target. (For example, rotate the bezel to the right to the distance option.)
6. Tap START
7. You can review your stats while you exercise. To pause your workout, touch the screen. (Note: Swipe to the right to see Music
, or swipe to the left to see Calories
and Heart Rate
8. Tap FINISH
9. To end the workout, tap the Stop
icon.Stepping to it
You don’t need a personal trainer to start down the path towards a healthier lifestyle. The Gear S2 comes equipped with a pedometer to help you set and achieve your daily exercise goals.
1. In the S Health
app, turn the bezel to the Settings
menu and tap Settings.
2. Rotate the bezel to the right and tap Step target
3. Rotate the bezel to set your daily step target.
4. Touch SET
5. Press the Back
button twice, then turn the bezel left to the Steps
menu. It will display the number of steps you’ve walked for the day out of your daily target.
6. Tap the number and turn the bezel left to review your steps history.Using the Heart Rate Monitor
The Gear S2’s heart rate monitor lets you quickly check and track your heart rate before, during and after exercise.
1. Turn the bezel to the right until you reach the Heart Rate Monitor
2. Tap the monitor icon to start the heart rate monitor. The built-in sensor on the back of the device measures your heart rate.
3. Record your heart rate by selecting a tag that describes your current state. (For example, Resting
or After exercise
4. To view heart rate history, press the Back
button. Then, tap the center of the Heart rate screen. Turn the bezel to navigate recorded history.Track your hydration
Water consumption is one of the cornerstones of a healthy lifestyle and the Samsung Gear S2 is here to help you monitor how much you drink each day.
1. Turn the bezel until you reach the screen with the water glass or coffee mug icons.
2. Tap the plus sign to track the number of glasses of water or cups of caffeinated beverages you consume.
3. To review your water and caffeine intake, tap and hold down the icon. Turn the bezel to the left to review intake history.Keeping track the easy way
The Samsung Gear S2 is designed to know when you’ve been moving for an extended period of time. It will automatically identify this as exercise and encourage you to keep moving. If a bit of extra motivation is what you need, the S2 will also let you know when you’ve been sedentary for too long.
1. Turn the bezel to the 24-hour activity log.
2. Tap the center to see your current activity level. Tap again to see how long you’ve been at that activity level.
3. Rotate the bezel to the left to review activity levels for the past 24 hours, along with the amount of time you exercised, the type of exercise and your heart rate based on your input measurements.
To learn more about the Gear S2, visit:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjrYNtFPlfI http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/gear-s2/
Original source: http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/tutorial-how-to-stay-healthy-with-s-health-for-the-samsung-gear-s2/*S Health is not intended for clinical or medical use, including diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, alleviation, compensation, cure, prevention or mitigation of any disease, ailment, defect, injury or other conditions.