Start a hangout
2,663 followers|459,547 views
Works at World Resources Institute
Attended University of Oregon
Lived in Newport, Oregon
2,663 followers|459,547 views
Next Thursday, join our executive director Alan Durning to discuss how unfettered money has changed the political landscape and what Oregonians can do to make sure their voices are heard. Deb Field, executive board member of Main Street Alliance, will...
A draft report, to be voted on Friday, contains a host of recommendations on how to improve the health of the homeless population.
Director, U.S. Climate Initiative, World Resources Institute
As a mayor, city commissioner, mayoral chief of staff, and nonprofit founder and leader, I have more than 20 years of hands-on experience working with diverse teams to create, develop and implement policies, plans and strategies that have helped Portland, Oregon be one of the best cities (Bloomberg Businessweek 2012) and the most sustainable large city (Mother Nature Network 2009) in the U.S.
- World Resources InstituteDirector of the U.S. Climate Initiative, 2015 - presentAdams leads World Resource Institute’s U.S. Climate Initiative strategies to analyze and develop new policies, build political will and support coalitions that will encourage the country’s transition to a strong, low-carbon economy.
- City of PortlandMayor, 2009 - 2013Portland City Charter, Article 4, Section 2-401 Duties. "The Mayor shall exercise a careful supervision over the general affairs of the City." With the City Council, my duties include oversight of a $3.58 billion annual budget to serve 585,000 residents and 38,000 businesses inside the 147 sq. mile boundary of the City.
- City of PortlandCommissioner, 2005 - 2008Article 3 Executive and Administrative Powers Section 2-302 "...Authority of Commissioners. "The Commissioner In Charge of each department shall have the supervision and control of all the affairs and property which belong to that department..."
- City Club of PortlandExecutive Director, 2013 - 2015Led staff efforts to support the research, advocacy, events and program work of City Club members to bring together civic-minded people to make Portland and Oregon better places to work, live and play for everyone.
Newport, Oregon - Whitehall, Montana - Guadalajara, Mexico - Richland, Washington - Eugene, Oregon - Portland, Oregon - Washington, DC
PO Box 17588 Portland, OR 97217
10 G Street, NE, Suite 800 Washington, DC 20002
Director, U.S. Climate Initiative, World Resources Institute; Former Portland Oregon Mayor Sam Adams
Sam Adams is a former Mayor of Portland, Oregon and now the Director of the U.S. Climate Initiative for the World Resources Institute www.wri.org. He leads strategies to analyze and develop new policies, build political will and support coalitions that will encourage the country’s transition to a strong, low-carbon economy.
Organic gardener and home brewer.
- University of OregonPolitical Science, 2002
- Portland State UniversityPolitical Science
- Universidad de GuadalajaraSpanish
- South Eugene High School1982
In a relationship