Start a hangout
2,694 followers|483,296 views
Works at World Resources Institute
Attended University of Oregon
Lived in Newport, Oregon
2,694 followers|483,296 views
NYTimes: Obama Recasts Climate Change as a More Far-Reaching Peril
Technology Association of Oregon President Skip Newberry is adding the role of chairman of the Technology Councils of North America later this summer.
Former Portland Mayor Heads US Climate Initiative. Earth is heating up—quickly—and that spells trouble for the flora and fauna who call it home. But Sam Adams, BA '02, who once pushed to make Portland the most sustainable city in the world while serving as its mayor from 2008–2012, ...
At book signing listening to Hank Paulson, the former US Treasury Secretary, who book "takes the reader behind closed doors to witness the creation and evolution of China's state-controlled capitalism."
Smithsonian National Museum of American History 14th St and Constitution Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20001
Director, U.S. Climate Initiative, World Resources Institute
As a mayor, city commissioner, mayoral chief of staff, and nonprofit founder and leader, I have more than 20 years of hands-on experience working with diverse teams to create, develop and implement policies, plans and strategies that have helped Portland, Oregon be one of the best cities (Bloomberg Businessweek 2012) and the most sustainable large city (Mother Nature Network 2009) in the U.S.
- World Resources InstituteDirector of the U.S. Climate Initiative, 2015 - presentAdams leads World Resource Institute’s U.S. Climate Initiative strategies to analyze and develop new policies, build political will and support coalitions that will encourage the country’s transition to a strong, low-carbon economy.
- City of PortlandMayor, 2009 - 2013Portland City Charter, Article 4, Section 2-401 Duties. "The Mayor shall exercise a careful supervision over the general affairs of the City." With the City Council, my duties include oversight of a $3.58 billion annual budget to serve 585,000 residents and 38,000 businesses inside the 147 sq. mile boundary of the City.
- City of PortlandCommissioner, 2005 - 2008Article 3 Executive and Administrative Powers Section 2-302 "...Authority of Commissioners. "The Commissioner In Charge of each department shall have the supervision and control of all the affairs and property which belong to that department..."
- City Club of PortlandExecutive Director, 2013 - 2015Led staff efforts to support the research, advocacy, events and program work of City Club members to bring together civic-minded people to make Portland and Oregon better places to work, live and play for everyone.
Newport, Oregon - Whitehall, Montana - Guadalajara, Mexico - Richland, Washington - Eugene, Oregon - Portland, Oregon - Washington, DC
PO Box 17588 Portland, OR 97217
10 G Street, NE, Suite 800 Washington, DC 20002
Director, U.S. Climate Initiative, World Resources Institute; Former Portland Oregon Mayor Sam Adams
Sam Adams is a former Mayor of Portland, Oregon and now the Director of the U.S. Climate Initiative for the World Resources Institute www.wri.org. He leads strategies to analyze and develop new policies, build political will and support coalitions that will encourage the country’s transition to a strong, low-carbon economy.
Organic gardener and home brewer.
- University of OregonPolitical Science, 2002
- Portland State UniversityPolitical Science
- Universidad de GuadalajaraSpanish
- South Eugene High School1982
In a relationship