- New Dorp High SchoolAssistant Principal, Technology, 2014 - present
- Poughkeepsie City School DistrictAssistant Principal, 2007 - 2014
- Brooklyn Technical High SchoolDirector, Instructional Technology, 2006 - 2007
- New York City Department of EducationDirector, Information Technology Programs, 2004 - 2006
Salvador Contes Jr. is a passionate educator who believes that learning is the key to success. He focuses his efforts in empowering students and in assisting them in unleashing their academic prowess. He prides himself in the ability to meet the needs of our youth in the K-12 environment and to inspire them to achieve above and beyond their ability.
He holds a Bachelor of Science in Occupational Education from New York City Technical College (CUNY) and a Master of Science in Education Administration from City College of New York (CUNY). Mr. Contes is also "All But Dissertation" status towards his Doctorate in Computing for Education Professionals from Pace University.
Previously, Mr. Contes was the Director of Instructional Technology at Brooklyn Technical High School, one of the "original three" specialized high schools in New York State. He was responsible for leading the efforts in technology in the newly constructed ITTC, a $20 million dollar media project to create a hub for information and instructional technology.
Prior to Brooklyn Tech, Mr. Contes was the Director of Information Technology Programs for the NYC Department of Education. He was responsible for technically and financially sustaining the various IT programs in secondary schools. He was responsible for overseeing the expenditure of $400K in Carl D. Perkins funding.
- Pace UniversityComputing, 2008 - present
- City College of New YorkEducation Administration & Supervision, 2001 - 2003
- New York City College of TechnologyOccupational Education/Computer Technology, 1996 - 1998
- George Westinghouse Career and Technical Education High SchoolComputer Technology, 1984 - 1988