Goat Cheese Fondue Recipe
Courtesy of Chef +Todd English Ingredients
20 oz. Goat cheese, soft, crumbed
3 cups Heavy cream
6 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
6 Tbsp. All-purpose flour
¼ cup Fresh chives, thin diagonal slices
¼ cup Dry White wine
2 Tbsp. Shallots, chopped
2 Tsp. Garlic, minced
Kosher Salt to taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
2 Tsp. Olive oilInstructions
1. Melt butter in a small heavy skillet over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth.
2. Cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes or until mixture is light brown and has a nutty fragrance. Remove from heat.
3. Sauté shallots and garlic in olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat 3 minutes or until tender. (Do not brown.)
4. Gradually add wine, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of pan. Gradually stir in cream and cheese.
5. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute or until cheese melts. 6. Stir in flour mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until smooth and thick.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Stir in salt and pepper.
9. Transfer fondue to a fondue pot. Sprinkle with chives. Serve with bread cubes, figs, dates, and apple slices. 6 cups (about 12 servings)
Note: A creamy Gorgonzola or Cambozola makes a great alternative to goat cheese. #ZagatRecipes