2015 Google On-page SEO Ranking Factors List
There's an interesting post at WebmasterWorld.com forum about 2015 on-page SEO ranking factors - what matters now and what doesn't that much. http://tgcafe.it/1FkfPWI
(thanks to +Barry Schwartz
for digging it out: http://tgcafe.it/1dfIy5R
There are quite a few comments on that thread, lots of opinions, as you can imagine.
I'd love to get yours as well.
I've put together the following list based on the original forum post plus the commentators' opinions.
Let me hear what you think, what you'd add, what you don't think matters that much in the comments.On-page SEO Ranking Factors List
1. Never forget your bare-bone On-Page SEO - H1, H2 and title tags
2. Shorter title tags
3. User experience metrics (page loading speed, navigation, ease of use, conversion, About and Contact pages, etc)
4. Original content that provides an answer, teaches, informs, is useful, delights
5. Relevant images
6. Quality site design - the looks per se are very subjective. It's more about up-to-date code: Html5, CSS 3, not JS heavy, no flash.
7. Descriptive meta description - it does not affect rankings, but it does affect your CTR.
8. Responsive/mobile friendly Design
Microdata is a set of tags that allows you to add information to the code of your web pages that says, “Hey search engine, this information describes this specific movie, or place, or person, or video, or blog post“, encouraging them to better understand your content and, more importantly, display it in a useful, relevant way. (http://tgcafe.it/schema-markup
10. Keywords - DO implement your focus keywords and semantic alternatives, but do it in a natural manner.
11. Supplementary content: create complementary content for your pages on other pages and vice versa.
13. Linking out to relevant resourcesDeprecated On-page SEO Ranking Factors List
Focus on longtail phrases
Focus on ranking for specific keyword phrases
Would love to hear from +Eric Enge +Mark Traphagen +Brian Jensen +AJ Kohn +Brian Dean +Rand Fishkin
_ I am sure some names are escaping me at the moment...________________________________________________________________More marketing news: http://tgcafe.it/your-marketing-news