Profile

Cover photo
Sal Bruno
Works at Brembo
Attended Keller School of Management
46 followers|256,327 views
AboutPostsPhotosVideosReviews

Stream

Sal Bruno

Shared publicly  - 
 
Are you testing out Windows 8.1 in your corporate environment?  If you are or even thinking about it you should read these annoyances I found that MS needs to fix.
1
Add a comment...

Sal Bruno

Shared publicly  - 
 
I have been using Windows 8 for roughly 9 months and would admit at first was a little frustrated especially trying to figure out where the hell the shutdown button was.  Sure the Start orb is missing but is it really.  Think about it..When you’re in an older version of Windows do you not click the lower left corner to open up the Start menu?  So what’s the difference in Windows 8 you do the same thing but instead its larger icons and to make things easier you can just start typing and easily search.  So why are so many people complaining about this change?  I hear people complaining about how Windows 8 sucks but when you ask many of those people what they dislike or if they have used it the response is typically “NO” I haven’t used it but have heard about it.  Come on people if you don’t give it a try then stop being followers.
So what are some of the good things about it?  Well for starters the boot up and shut down time are quicker than any other previous Windows OS.  Programs that worked in Windows 7 work in 8. Finally they got rid of virtual server that only could handle x32 and now have integrated Hyper-V which does mostly everything Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V can and I no longer have to purchase VMWare workstation for this.  Of course there are a few things I don’t like such as the missing safe mode which Microsoft now relies on the OS to boot into safe mode when it detects a problem or you have to tell the OS prior to restart that you want to go into advanced startup.  One minor issue which is easily remedied is the missing gadgets.  And no Microsoft the tiles you say should be used instead are crap and don’t equate to the gadgets.  Another issue I have is that administrators cannot load the management tools for Exchange 2010 nor administer Hyper-V 2008 servers.  What the hell are you thinking Microsoft?  I now have to rely on 3rd party tools to administer my 2008 Hyper-V environment or be forced to purchase SCCM.
Not for anything but people should be complaining about not being able to hit F8 to get into safe mode or not being able to load management tools needed for the common network admin not so much the Start menu or not being able to boot into the desktop.
1
Ronald Cosklo's profile photo
 
Good summary. It's funny, I've been using win 8 and dont seem to have any issues with it either. Love the windows server 2012 integration to win 8. I do find that once I figured 8 out, my navigation through programs is a lot quicker. People are just pawns and don't like change. Sadly the start menu will probably return :(
Add a comment...

Sal Bruno

Shared publicly  - 
 
Tips and tricks for Google Chrome Chrome which include recommended extensions
1
Add a comment...

Sal Bruno

Shared publicly  - 
 
Does anyone out there have directtv or dish network? I am looking to get either one but don't know which one to go with. Any suggestions and if you have the service is there anything you are missing?
1
Anthony Klingman's profile photo
 
Directv is better 
Add a comment...
In his circles
34 people
Have him in circles
46 people
alessandro cook's profile photo
Gina Rophael's profile photo
Melissa Bruno's profile photo
Doretha Herbick's profile photo
Gus Quero's profile photo
Damian Rickson's profile photo
Vanessa  Ma's profile photo
Teresa Salama's profile photo
Daniel Kuciel's profile photo
1
Add a comment...

Sal Bruno

Shared publicly  - 
 
Oh so true...
2
Add a comment...

Sal Bruno

Shared publicly  - 
 
Went last night to watch Batman and I have to say it we one of the best movies I have ever seen. 
1
Add a comment...
People
In his circles
34 people
Have him in circles
46 people
alessandro cook's profile photo
Gina Rophael's profile photo
Melissa Bruno's profile photo
Doretha Herbick's profile photo
Gus Quero's profile photo
Damian Rickson's profile photo
Vanessa  Ma's profile photo
Teresa Salama's profile photo
Daniel Kuciel's profile photo
Basic Information
Gender
Male
Apps with Google+ Sign-in
Work
Employment
  • Brembo
    Infrastructure Manager, present
Education
  • Keller School of Management
    MBA
  • DeVry University
    Network and Communications MGMT
Links
YouTube
This is one of the worst BK's I have ordered from. Out of the 7 or 8 times I have ordered at the drive through they have gotten my order wrong 75% of the time and the other 25% the food was cold or so disgusting looking I couldn't even eat it. I took the survey on the receipt and when they asked if i wanted a call back I click on yes and to this day not a single call back.
Public - 4 months ago
reviewed 4 months ago
2 reviews
Map
Map
Map