The United Nations is discussing an international response to near-Earth object impact concerns. Do you think more of an international cooporation is required for such an event?
31 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- We don't need international cooperation. We can just scream and shake our fist at the sky. It worked for my grandfather; it'll work for my granddaughter.Feb 19, 2013
- Joe Bear+2Since an asteroid could devastate any nation, yes I think they should all chip in the money and technology. Or just ask China since they've hacked every nation's technology.Feb 19, 2013
- If NASA were to announce that a killer asteroid was going to hit the Earth 20 years from now. I can guarantee you that after 18 years half of the nations would be debating about who should step in & pay for the costs to stop it, and the other half would deny it & claim it was all a hoax.
Sounds familiar?Feb 19, 2013
- Well, perhaps we could contribute according to the size of the country: Russia, China, Canada, USA, who's next?Mar 5, 2013
- wouldn't it be fairer to base contribution according to GDP? or do you want India to pay more than Monte Carlo? ;)Mar 5, 2013