#MozCast Feature Alert - Seems we wake up every morning to something new from Google... remember the call-out #1 box from yesterday. Here's one being tested with integrated local results at the bottom. The #1 spot takes up the entire page above the fold and then a little more.
23 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 11 previous comments
- Interesting postJul 25, 2013
- saw that allready for of my buis. but a really small without competitors nearby... but it is to hard when a competitor exyists....Jul 25, 2013
- WOW! Thanks for sharingI'm not seeing the carousel yet in my area.though. Is this replacing the carousel? My brain is swimming trying to keep up with Google.Jul 25, 2013
- I don't think this is directly related to the local carousel. It's really just an enhanced #1 listing for sites (probably) that already have expanded site-links. If those sites also happen to have relevant local results, they're being grouped, but those results are probably the equivalent to the current Places/Near boxes (2-3 targeted local listings).Jul 25, 2013
- I imagine this would be great for those 'definitive queries', but it does sorta give the impression that Google already knows what you're looking for when you search for one of the terms it considers to have a definite result. Wonder how many people out of 100 find that top result is the one they were looking for? I would guess it has to be pretty high.
It still amazes me how fast things change, and how quick acting people are to take screenshots detailing various alternative SERP layouts and stuff, could probably put a book together with all the different layouts for local, universal search plus your world, etc. display changes and random tests he has covered over the years. Get all my updates on SERP structure and local results from the good DR. ; )Jul 25, 2013
- Thanks for the clarificationJul 25, 2013