Start a hangout
120 followers|24,379 views
Works at Marshall University
Attended Iowa State University
Lives in Huntington, West Virgina
120 followers|24,379 views
So many awesome home gadgets (Nest included). Now I just need a home to put them.
Add a comment...
Today I passed my MFA Thesis presentation to committee. Then I passed my PhD preliminary presentation to committee. Then my grad student friends gave me my favorite bottle of scotch. Pretty good day.
Add a comment...
Tim's new songs bring back such great Op Ivy and Rancid memories.
Add a comment...
- Iowa State UniversityMFA - Graphic Design, 2012 - 2014
- Iowa State UniversityPhD - Human Computer Interaction, 2012 - 2015
- Iowa State UniversityMS - Human Computer Interaction, 2010 - 2012
- Ohio UniversityBS - Visual Communication, 1997 - 2001
- Ohio State UniversityGeneral Studies, 1996 - 1997
- Ontario High SchoolGeneral Studies, 1992 - 1996
Ryan G Wilson
Assistant Professor, Graphic Design / Contract Graphic, Web, & Motion Graphics Designer
HTML5, CSS, Motion Graphics, User Interface Design, User Experience, Interactive Design, Web Design, Screen Printing, Button Making, Crafts
- Marshall UniversityAssistant Professor, 2014 - presentTeach a variety of courses in a classroom size of 16 freshman to senior undergraduate students. Classes include foundations-level video and animation production, Graphic Design II (teaching graphic design principles, typography, layout, design tools, technology, etc.), Web Design (basics of HTML/CSS, designing for user experience, responsive design, etc.), Advanced Digital Media (focused on video production and 2D motion graphics), Designing for Multimedia (focused on creating 3D assets and motion graphics using Cinema 4D and RealFlow), Senior Graphic Design Portfolio (preparation for interview and professional practice), and First Year Seminar (freshman research, writing, and analysis).
- Self-Employed / Contract DesignerProfessional Graphic Designer, 2000 - presentWork to meet clients’ design needs on websites, logo designs, business cards, sell sheets, posters, charts, trade show booth design and displays, and Flash animations (for learning, trial presentation and event promotion). Find and manage additional talent when needed (advanced backend coders, 3D animators, additional designers, etc.).
- Legal Visual ServicesConsulting Graphic Designer/Animator, 2009 - 2015Design responsibilities included marketing efforts, such as website design and maintenance, marketing materials and email outreach. Collaborated with attorneys to design creative, educational, interactive demonstratives for use in litigation.
- Iowa State UniversityGraduate College IT Staff, 2012 - 2014Created and updated all web pages associated with the Iowa State University Graduate College and its entities. These pages were developed using PHP, HTML5 and CSS. This work also required regular MySQL database management. Additionally, general IT workers performed for the Grad College office when necessary - e.g. computer support, installing new software and hardware, etc.
- Legal Visual ServicesArt Director, 2006 - 2009Managed a staff of designers, videographers, trial techs, production team and freelance talent. Coordinated projects, facilitated meetings and interviewed prospective employees. Design responsibilities included marketing efforts, such as website design and maintenance, marketing materials and email outreach. Collaborated with attorneys to design creative, educational, interactive demonstratives for use in litigation. In 2009, due to the poor economy, the company made some financial decisions resulting in me leaving a full-time position, but being retained as their sole contract designer.
- CourseAvenueFlash Animator, 2010 - 2012Produce Flash online educational modules for online distribution.
- TrainingU 24/7Art Director, 2010 - 2010Oversaw the design of web-based interactive training modules. Developed both interaction and design concepts, set design standards, tasked and supervised a team of 3D designers and animators, tracked deadlines, quality-checked and touched-up the final project.
- TrialGraphixArt Director, 2005 - 2006Designed Flash animations for use as demonstrative evidence in a courtroom setting, from concept to final presentation, designed with user interface/usability in mind.
- Administrative Resource OptionsArt Director, 2004 - 2005Managed a staff of creative talent, including print designers, web designers and copywriters. Established lasting relationships with clients to ensure timely execution of projects. Designed and oversaw creation of design projects, such as logo creation, marketing materials, company website, interactive product demos and trade show displays.
- Iowa State UniversityInstructor ArtGr 276 - Graphic Technology II, 2013 - 2013Taught a classroom of 20 undergraduate students how to design using basic web code standards, create linear animations and model and animate three-dimensional objects. The tools this class focused on were: Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, Adobe After Effects and Cinema 4D. Projects included: Design and develop websites by handwriting code using HTML5 standards, CSS and basic jQuery, Create a linear 2D animation, a stop motion animation using image sequences and a 3D animation.
- Iowa State UniversityInstructor ArtGr 275 - Graphic Technology I, 2012 - 2012Taught a classroom of 20 undergraduate students how to design using two-dimensional design tools; Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PhotoShop and Adobe InDesign. Projects included: Learning how to use the Pen Tool to create a realistic gradient mesh object, Using PhotoShop to touch up and transform images, Creating a functional design spread layout using CMYK colors and packaging projects for delivery to a print shop.
- Iowa State UniversityTeaching Assistant for HCI 595XE, Human Interaction as it Applies to Design, 2012 - 2012Kept in contact with students in tandem with the professor on a biweekly basis. Answered course related questions via phone and email. Created supplemental course instruction videos on how to use design Adobe Illustrator and PhotoShop.
Huntington, West Virgina
Ames, Iowa - Chicago, Illinois - Athens, Ohio - Columbus, Ohio - Cleveland, Ohio - Ontario, Ohio