So I got the ZeroLemon 8500mAh case for the Nexus 6P. http://amzn.to/2avPFXn
This thing is GIGANTIC. Like... you don't even understand how gargantuan it is until you see the photos and attempt to hold a pound of phone in your hand.
There's basically no reason for this case to exist because it's entirely too big for anyone sane to use, compared to attaching your 6P to a portable charger to charge up.The positives
- Uhhh, I guess your phone won't die for a few days.
- You could now defend yourself more adequately during a robbery.The negatives
- This case is so huge that it transforms everything about the 6P - how you hold it, how it starts to feel like something from 20 years ago, how you can no longer use it with one hand due to size and weight, and the list goes on.
- The fingerprint pocket is so deep, I can barely reach inside to touch it. I mean, look at the 2nd shot. LOOK AT IT.
- Similarly, but somehow even worse, the area around the camera is so deep that it physically blocks some of the light, and you end up with shadows on your photos (see sample at the end of the album).
- 15.1oz (almost a pound) with the case on. 7.54oz with my Spigen. And 6.31oz without a case. You will not be prepared for this weight. Yes, an external charger of similar capacity would weigh about the same, but you could easily disconnect and put it away, plus it doesn't actually affect how you hold
and interact with the phone.
- Putting the case on and taking it off is an absolute pain. It's the most frustrating experience I've gone through this month, and I thought I'd snap the Nexus in half several times.
- No Nexus rapid charging (5V, 3A) via the included USB Type C connector.
- This case costs $60. You could get 3 large rechargeable batteries for the same price if you already have a case, or 2 nice batteries plus a normal case.
My previous Note 3 ZeroLemon review reached about the same conclusion, though it wasn't even as bad in comparison https://plus.google.com/+ArtemRussakovskii/posts/K6MqmYQFFVc
So yeah, there's no universe in which I can recommend getting a gigantic ZeroLemon battery, especially with the abundance of portable chargers that can charge the 6P faster and without adding all the bulk.