1.) A lot of the people who claimed they never graduated high school look like they just picked nonsense data. They don't actually make 93k. There's a low sample size, and of that literally 4 respondents skew the data.
2.) Men make more than women, however the men that replied had much higher job titles than the women who took the survey. 70% of the men with more than 5 years experience were managers or higher. Only 59% of women were managers or higher. The real question is why aren't women rising to higher positions, not why aren't they making the same.
WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH JOB TITLES.
3. Let's look at "Directors." 18% of people who call themselves directors make under 45k. That puts them on par with "strategists." 15% of these "directors" have less than 3 years of work experience. Director in my agency is above manager. I'm willing to bet most of these "directors" don't have employees. It sounds like the title has lost the traditional meaning.
4. It gets worse with "CEOs." 29% of people who identified themselves as a CEO have less than 5 years of experience in the industry. 16% of self-titled CEOs make under 30k/year. It sounds like we're over-using the title of CEO as well - or a lot of companies aren't doing so well. Here's a personal thought: If you don't have a board of directors who elected you and can fire you at their whims, you're probably not a CEO.
Fancy titles that don't match responsibilities is not a good thing for our industry. We can get into that later, but I found the survey very interesting.
Titles change outward perception, absolutely, but often times, they mean very little as far as actual progression within a company, etc. And given the varying company structures, it's almost impossible to measure equals across different businesses.
That's all I was trying to say. Congrats on the DOUBLE promotion though!! :)
my nest protect
Budweiser Red Light
The Blu-Ray Player
I don't think I'll be changing the wifi password again anytime soon.
- SapientNitroManager Search Strategy & Analytics, 2012 - present
- Team Detroit / ZAAZSr. SEO Strategist, 2009 - 2012
- Identity.netSr Mgr Product Marketing, 2008 - 2009
- BrandLabs.usSEO/SEM Department Lead, 2007 - 2008
- Auto Credit ExpressSoftware Engineer, 2005 - 2007
- Morton MarketingPHP Developer, 2005 - 2005
- University of Michigan - DearbornComputer Science, 2004
MCSORLEY'S STICK Los Angeles Kings Hockey Blog LA Kings NHL
News, rumors, stats, charts, standings, flame wars and rehab for the arrogant and deluded, Kool-Aid-drinking Kings fan.
Bunkr is more than just a presentation tool: collect, organize, present
Bunkr is cloud-based presentation software that allows professionals to centralize all the content that inspires them, and to use this conte
Swear Word List, Dictionary, Filter, and API - NoSwearing.com
Bad Word List & Swear Filter Look up or learn bad words. Filter swear words & adult language. No Swearing dot com. Bad Word Filter;
Top 10 Auto Manufacturer Websites - September 2011
Note: The Experian Hitwise data featured is based on US market share of visits as defined by the IAB, which is the percentage of online traf
Ford Parts | Buy Official Motorcraft & Genuine OEM Ford Parts Onl...
Buy OEM Ford & Motorcraft parts at the official Ford parts online store. Our full online catalog carries parts for all Ford, Lincoln, &
Best Adsense Alternatives - Ad Network Review - dotCULT.com
www.dotcult.com - written by Ryan Jones
Looking for an ad network alternative to Google Adsense? Here's some of the best CPM and CPC ad networks out there.
Ford Accessories | Customize Your Ford | The Official Site for Ford Cust...
Shop for Ford Custom Accessories from Ford Motor Company.
2011 Ford Explorer SUV | See the All-New Ford Explorer Sport Utility Veh...
The 2011 Ford Explorer SUV - View the all-new, revamped Explorer SUV, interact with online demos, see interior & exterior photos & explore s
There is No ROI in Social Media Marketing | Copyblogger
If a business is going to put the time, effort, and attention into social media marketing, it would be nice to get some sales out of it. Is