Play Music v5.2.1204L - What the hell is XDI?
Google has neglected to release a changelog so I guess it's up to me/us, along with a teardown.
- "Genre Radio" is now a thing. I don't have All-Access access to try. AP has screenshots: http://andp.lc/1allLii
- There is now a "Send Feedback" menu item
- Downloads queue now looks like a real part of an Android app, instead of a broken, blank, white screen. (old/new screen is also tablet vs phone, so use your imagination.) It also does resuming!XDI - a music player for Google GlassEdit: +Josh Brown figured out it's Glass related. I think it's a remote control music API for Google Glass (and it looks like it could be for other stuff, too)Remember this? https://gist.github.com/zhuowei/5929452 Glass has music controls. This is the other half of it.
- There's a new activity called ".xdi.XdiPlayActivity" and a few references to "XDI" in the new music code, including an entirely new folder.
- There's ".xdi.XdiContentProvider," which has a permission called "com.google.android.xdi.permission.ACCESS_APP_BROWSE_DATA", and a new authority, "com.google.android.music.xdi."
- There's also a new icon for whatever "XDI" is, an all-black Play Music icon.
- All the smali in the XDI folder ends with the word "Cursor."
- There is a lot
of duplicate functionality here. That and the simple logo makes me think it's for a watch or something.
Let's hear your theories
(Thanks to +Tommy Nunno for the apk, which is here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxI1YpjkbX0OaUI2RGhQNEE4YWM/edit?usp=sharing