My buddies at Appsterdam are helping organize the Amsterdam Smart Cities hackathon June 2-4. It's cool for all the reasons hackathons are usually cool: cool location INSIDE the Amsterdam Arena, European-wide exposure, several cool IoT products in the mix (the lovely people at Glimworm iBeacon, and a neat early-startup called Trakkies)
Why relevant for GDG-NL, other than just being a fun event?
Because I've worked with Tom (Appsterdam) and Jasper (Amsterdam Economic Board) to arrange that all Open Datasets are unified and available in BigQuery. That means you can do your mashups, exploration and analysis over all datasets in the same place. I'm pretty excited about this, there are some Open Datasets in BQ but this is the first time I've seen all data for a Hackathon in one unified place. This includes static data, but also realtime data from OV, Trakkies, energy sensors, more.
You'd start by exploring the data in the BQ web console (just write SQL), find some cool correlations and queries, then throw it into a visualization layer for cool charts, or write a website or mobile app with the many BQ libraries (Node.js, Java/Android, Go, .NET even!)
Signup at the Appsterdam meetup page!
About The Capitals
The Capitals creates digital products for strong brands with ambition. Based in Amsterdam with a team of 22 people, we create apps and websites with mobile first thinking as central pillar.
We love to create the best user experience through great concepts, beautiful design and robust technology. The digital products we create for our clients are used by thousands of people every day. Clients we work for are, among others; FOX Sports, Burgernet, Amsterdam ArenA, PSV and Koninklijke Bibliotheek (National Library).
About Albert Heijn Online
Work to impact everyday life, where the virtual and real world reinforce each other. We know that groceries is the next big frontier in eCommerce and are therefore working hard on our digital products (Appie - incl. Android Wear :), Allerhande, Ah.nl, Etos.nl, Gall.nl). Work together with a bunch of nerds that have the ambition to get better every day and always have the customer's best interest in mind. If you want to spent around 40 hours a week in a useful way, you'd better spent it with us.
You're invited to Next, an event coming to Amsterdam from Google Cloud Platform where you’ll be joined by hundreds of Developers and IT Professionals to learn about the next generation of Cloud.
Join us to:
- Learn how to build faster with the latest Cloud technologies using mobile, big data, compute, and security.
- Meet with peers and Google engineers to discuss the future of cloud computing and how we can push new boundaries.
- Receive technical training via hands-on labs.
Register today at https://goo.gl/4xDIaE
- QAFE IncCTO/Founder, 2012 - present
- QualogyFounder QAFE, Technical Project lead, Software Engineer (Java/JEE/ Google technologies like Google API, GWT, AppEngine, BigTable/Spring/etc), 2003 - present
- SportCityLes Mills Bodypump Instructor, Group Fitness Instructor, 2009 - 2012
- Ponte VecchioSenior Java Developer, Head of Product Development Department, 2000 - 2003
- ORTEC ConsultantsConsultant, 1998 - 2000
- Nederlands Lucht en Ruimtevaart LaboratoriumInformation Analist, 1998 - 1998
- Leiden UniversityPractical Course lead, 1995 - 1998
- Founder and CTO of QAFE (www.qafe.com)
- BoardMember for Qualogy, Head of Product Development (www.qualogy.com)
- Organizer Google Developer Group Netherlands (https://plus.google.com/u/0/109146411236228596892/posts )
- Member of the W3C Web Applications Working Group (http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=42538&public=1&gs=1&)
- Leiden UniversityComputer Science, MSc., 1993 - 1998
- Rijswijkse Openbare Scholengemeenschap (ROS/Atlas College)VWO, 1987 - 1993
Attachments in Gmail, now with the power of Google Drive
Cross-posted on the Official Google Blog and Gmail Blog You're probably used to downloading email attachments, but each of those files takes
Google Now Serves 25 Percent of North American Internet Traffic | Wired ...
A central cooling plant in Google?s Douglas County, Georgia data center.Photo: Google/Connie Zhou Everyone knows Google is big. But the trut
Superman to face Batman in Man of Steel sequel, Zack Snyder confirms
Warner Bros says Henry Cavill will be back in red cape but no word on who will play Dark Knight after Christian Bale's exit
HTML5 Rocks - How Browsers Work: Behind the Scenes of Modern Web Browsers
A resource for developers looking to put HTML5 to use today, including information on specific features and when to use them in your apps.