Start a hangout
958 followers|88,854 views
Works at Qubole Inc.
Attended Indian Institute of Technology Ropar
Lives in Mountain View, CA, USA
958 followers|88,854 views
Typography in ten minutes summary of key rules Foreword by Erik Spiekermann Introduction · how to use this book · how to pay for this book · Why typography matters · what is typography? who is typography for? why does typography matter? what is good typography? where do the rules come from?
"Don't let perfect be the enemy of good"
Motivation. One of Qubole Data Services' most popular offering is Hive-as-a-Service in the cloud. Users run a large number of ad-hoc, analytical Hive queries against their data in S3 or HDFS. It wasn't apparent to us how many of these queries were truly unique and how many were simple variants.
I wanted to share an interesting conversation I had with Kiran Divvela back when he was still interviewing. Kiran runs all of our data supply chain activities. He’s one of those rare types that communicates well, has solid management skills, is fluent technically, and was a perfect startup culture fit. We knew we had to […]
- Qubole Inc.Software Engineer, 2013 - presentWorking on the Qubole Data Service (QDS). I focus mainly on backend development which primarily involves optimizing Hadoop and other ecosystem projects to work better in a multitenant cloud environment. I also maintain QDS Python and Java SDKs.
- USC Viterbi School of EngineeringResearch Intern, 2012 - 2012Worked as a Research Intern under Dr. Ewa Deelman, USC Information Sciences Institute. The project comprised of a study evaluating a peer-to-peer approach towards data sharing for workflow applications running on the cloud, and the integration of the approach into an existing workflow management system. The work resulted in a workshop publication.
- Aston UniversityResearch Intern, 2011 - 2011Worked as a Research Intern under Dr. Radu Calinescu, Aston University. The project comprised of a study evaluating the compute capabilities of virtual machines running on the cloud, and the development of a cloud-based version of a part of an existing software tool for the analysis of Markovian models.
Mountain View, CA, USA
Bangalore, Karnataka, India - Moradabad, UP, India - Ropar, Punjab, India - Los Angeles, CA, USA - Birmingham, UK
Software Engineer. IIT Ropar alumnus. Tech Addict.
Hello, I am Rohit Agarwal. I am a Software Engineer. I studied Computer Science and Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology Ropar.
- Indian Institute of Technology RoparComputer Science & Engineering, 2009 - 2013
- K. C. M. School, Moradabad2000 - 2009
- Wilsonia College, Moradabad1994 - 2000