A quick list of similarities!
* Valve believes high-performance workers tend to self-improve without a need for managers.
* A place where employees choose what to work on.
* A place where once a year, everyone goes on holiday together. It is really a family atmosphere in a lot of ways and that gives us an opportunity for our families to get know each other even better.
* Unlike a fixed layout configuration, we move around a lot.
* We form into teams based on need to complete a project or training task giving our clients the best value for money proposition.
* We have set-up a recipe for staff to career off to their own personal passion projects
* There are lots of ideas about what is cool to work on.
* Attracts "elite" performers.
* The founding crew hired people with this in mind.
* Picking who else to hire is its workers' most important task - it describes the activity as "more important than breathing" - there's an acknowledgement that many talented individuals will not fit in.
* Declares hiring is "the most important thing in the universe".
* The fact that we're not managed by people and we're not managing people and you're able to formulate your own ideas and work with whoever it is to come up with a project or feature - is empowering.
* It's a community of respect and the best idea wins no matter who it comes from, whether they've been here for a year or founded Dowhyolo.com.
For the full story, visit http://goo.gl/CL1U33. #halflife #valve #dowhyolocom #dowhyolo #culture #philosophy
The SJA Reunion in New Delhi, India on Aug. 10, 2013 was great and lasted 5 hours even though over 50% of those who had registered were unable to attend! We would like to thank Nitin Sharma for all his efforts in coordinating the meet.
The photos of the meet can be viewed on Facebook at http://links.stjosephacademy.net/facebook.
Further, due to the continuing riots and instability in the Muzaffarnagar area (http://goo.gl/yAz1zX), the Dehra Dun Reunion Meet scheduled for Sat. Sep. 14, 2013 has been postponed until further notice. All those who have already registered or continue to register on http://links.stjosephacademy.net/meetjas will be notified by email whenever a new date is decided.
Once again, we thank you for your cooperation and support!
Rohan & Nitin
An Initiative of the SJA Alumni Reunion Program Team "Reuniting Josephites Worldwide "
- School of Physis, Devi Ahilya University, Indore, IndiaM.Sc. Physics, 2008 - 2010
- Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi, New Delhi, IndiaB.Sc. (Honours) Physics, 2006 - 2008
- Moti Lal Nehru College, University of Delhi, New Delhi, IndiaB.Sc. (Honours) Physics, 2005 - 2006
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya, University of Delhi, New Delhi, IndiaB.Sc. (Honours) Electronics, 2004 - 2005
- Delhi Public School, R. K. Puram, New Delhi, IndiaStd. XII (CBSE), 2002 - 2004
- Delhi Public School, Noida, IndiaStd. XI (CBSE), 2002 - 2002
- Amity International School, Noida, IndiaStd. XI (CBSE), 2002 - 2002
- St. Joseph's Academy, Dehra Dun, IndiaStd. X (ICSE), 1991 - 2002
- Fakultät für Physik, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, München, GermanyPh.D. Physics, 2010 - 2012
- Dowhyolo.com Inc.Founder & Chief Executive Officer, 2012 - present
- Wolfram ResearchPreview Tester - Wolfram|Alpha, 2012 - present
- SJA Alumni Reunion Program TeamFounder, 2004 - present
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, U.S.A.Experimentalist, 2010 - 2012
- Raja Ramanna Center for Advanced Technology, Indore, IndiaProject Trainee, 2009 - 2010
- Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron, Hamburg, GermanySummer Student, 2009 - 2009
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, Batavia, U.S.A.Visiting Scientist, 2009 - 2009
- Inter-University Accelerator Center, New Delhi, IndiaProject Student, 2009 - 2009
- Google IndiaCampus Ambassador, 2007 - 2008
Laptop, Desktop, Server and Embedded Processor Technology - Intel
Intel designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices.
Academic Earth | Online Courses | Academic Video Lectures
Academic Earth offers free access to video courses and academic lectures from leading colleges and universities.
Bing to battle Google with Facebook-friendly format
Microsoft's Bing search engine is heading in a new direction as it drills deeper into Facebook's social network and Twitter's messaging serv