New entry on my product management blog. Do you think product managers are the sole "owners" of the products they manage?
no plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- I would have to say "ownership" per se resides with whomever owns the P&L and is accountable for the results of the product in the marketplace...Dec 10, 2011
- In the blog entry, I submit that, on the healthiest, most productive product teams, every member of the team feels and is accountable for the P&L and for the results of the product in the marketplace.Dec 10, 2011
- Yes, agree completely, unfortunately not too common an occurance...many times for lack of transparency of p&l down to the product level...Dec 10, 2011
- I hear ya, John. Executives and leaders on the team need to cultivate this shared sense of ownership. When a product manager or other leader claims unilateral ownership, it undermines the effort.Dec 10, 2011
- Umm, I feel like Jack Dawson on the Titanic invited to his first classy dinner. Hey, I just park cars for a living, ok? BTW, just saw the movie in 3D, and was a little disheartened by the fact that I last saw it 15 years ago. There were some uncomfortable overtones with 9-11, and discordant resonances with my sister's recent misadventures ala Rose Dawson. My sister also shares the name of Rose. Suicide is painless... if you get it right the first time.Apr 13, 2012