A quick 'warning': although I've written this introduction in english, I post a lot in my native language, being dutch. Also, I post about dutch news that probably doesn't concern you if you live somewhere else. I could of course create two separate accounts but that's too much hassle for me. So if you're from some country far, far away (and a long time ago?) you are of course free to follow me but do expect some posts that you don't understand :)
But enough about me being dutch. Let's talk about me posting stuff.
I keep a close eye on what Google and Android are doing, love the possibilities of mobile and sometimes post my opinion on whatever is in the news.
I also try to post a simple comic on what's keeping me busy on a daily basis (lookup the hashtag #dailygadellaa or checkout http://dailygadellaa.rejh.nl
). Keep in mind that these are often in dutch :)
And here's even more about me and what keeps me busy
First and foremost I am a self employed artist and programmer. I'm also a member of the board of the z25.org
Foundation (Stichting z25.org
), which occasionally hires my services for projects. I teach and support workshops for the School of Arts Utrecht at two of their faculties.
For exercise I deliver mail in the beautiful area of Bilthoven (yea some people play soccer/football, others go to a gym.. I walk or cycle in a wooded area with ~50kg of mail). This way I get outside (which I probably would do a lot less if it wasn't for this 'job'), I get my exercise and I'm even getting paid to do so - not much, but beats paying some membership fee.
My hobbies, aside from the usual stuff like music, movies, books and such, are few. I just like to create stuff so I'm not sure if I'm a workaholic or I'm actually never really working..
(I've put this here because G+ allows me to have only one line of skills. Sorry guys, I have multiple (doesn't everybody?))
- 3D graphics; I'm no specialist but I know my way around 3D, especially game engines (I actually prefer to call it 'realtime 3D engines' because I rarely use them for games)
- Designing; although you could say that it's not my primary skill
- Drawing; characters mostly and preferably with pencils/pen but I can also handle a wacom
- Storytelling; I don't write stories myself but I did study at a theater school so I do have some understanding of what drama is.
- Music; although it's been years since my last serious attempt at making music, I've spent years doing it. The style ranged from hiphop (writing texts, producing beats, performing live) to less genre-restricted electronic music.
_(I'm currently working on my profile so it might get updated/expanded in the near future)_