What is the purpose of community, and why does it matter?
Questions: Why do you write/blog? What helps you to continue when you've lost inspiration?
"Community for the sake of community is fine, but there should be something more to it. There should be a 'why?' that guides our interactions. We're here for more than just ourselves. True community, the kind that creates conversations and stirs hearts, is community on purpose. It's community that exists with a very real sense of 'why?', and one that challenges one another to live outside of ourselves. To live for something that is only possible when we do life together. True community changes things. It impacts communities and it challenges the status quo. We need to stop asking simply 'what is community?' and start asking 'why is community?'" - Jonathan Zoeteman
How have you been impacted by being in true community lately?
#community #life #quotes
- Chipotle Mexican GrillCrew Member, 2015 - present
- The Church on FillmoreMissionary, 2013 - 2014I serve as a semester missionary in Phoenix, AZ at The Church on Fillmore through the North American Mission Board.
- The Church on FillmoreSummer Missionary, 2012 - 2012
- The Church on FillmoreSummer Missionary, 2011 - 2011
- Lifeway's Glorieta Conference CenterDining Hall Summer Staff, 2009 - 2009
- Blue Mountain CollegeDining Hall Work Study, 2008 - 2009
- Itawamba Community CollegeResident Assistant and Dorm Work Study, 2006 - 2008
- Fred's DiscountSales Assistant, 2006 - 2006
- Lifeway's Glorieta Conference CenterChuckwagon Summer Staff, 2010 - 2010
- Blue Mountain CollegeResident Assistant, 2011 - 2012
- Blue Mountain CollegeChristian Ministry, 2008 - 2012
- Itawamba Community College2006 - 2008
- South Ponototoc High School2006
People Are People: And Some Days Will Drive You Absolutely Insane
Today I’m unusually bitter and sad about people, and I’m so very tired and cynical over everything, including myself. May I be honest here?
I Drank Something Called 'Dank-Dank' at Songbird Coffee and It Was Even ...
For this week's Grind column, I decided to walk into a coffee shop I had never been to, ask for...
I’m giving you a whole pile of books for Christmas!
One of the things I’m most grateful for about this blog is the opportunity to share great books with you—and this Christmas, I have the priv