- Robin's ResumesResume Writer / Owner, 2001 - present• Sought after to write job-winning resume packages for federal government and civilian job markets, providing excellent service to executive, technical and business clients. • Receive many letters of appreciation for success in supporting local and internet clients, interviewing clients and writing resumes. • Lauded for excellence as an invited speaker on Resume Writing and Job Search for career industry groups and associations, job seekers at career fairs, other industry associations and college students. • Selected as a Career Expert for Women for Hire, CAREEREALISM and Tims Strategy. • Judged Toast of the Resume Industry (TORI), Career Innovator and World's Best Resume for Career Directors International (CDI - www.careerdirectors.com) based on industry-recognized writing excellence. • Selected as Director, Awards for CDI based on judging excellence. • Earned certifications as a Master Career Director (MCD), Certified Federal Resume Writer (CFRW), Certified Master Resume Writer (CMRW), Certified Electronic Career Coach (CECC), Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) and Job and Career Transition Coach (JCTC).
- EDTProcess Engineer, 2001 - 2002Supported on-site studies to improve paper manufacturing using enzymes.
- Brown and WilliamsonSr. Quality Engineer / Sr. Process Engineer, 1992 - 2000Managed quality engineering and process improvement projects. Supervised 4 technicians. Led quality audits; implemented quality improvements, including SPC. Supported and troubleshot whole plant. • Saved $1.3 million/year solvent costs and avoided purchase of more than $10 million equipment by conceiving, developing and leading implementation of new technology to reduce Volatile Organic Carbon (VOC) emissions. Won corporate award for success. • Increased yield 20% and production capacity 80% by managing improved shredder technology implementation. • Developed patented “Method for Processing Reconstituted Tobacco." • Reduced tobacco usage 1%, saving $1.8 million/year by implementing new technology to reduce waste. • Recovered $1 million/year from waste tobacco by researching and implementing new separation technology. • Reduced consumer complaints 7% by leading testing and economic evaluation of new vision inspection technology reducing consumer complaints by 7%. • Developed justification for a $6.5M Primary modification to simplify operations, improve quality and yield. • Cut costs $500,000/year by identifying a problem in maker setup.
- ABB SimconSenior Applications Engineer / Lead Engineer, 1988 - 1992Developed DEC VAX/VMS based Olefins Plant Simulator Optimizer (OPSO) for ethylene plant modeling, simulation, optimization, and process control utilizing FORTRAN and C programming languages. Supervised group of four engineers. Developed and conducted training courses for in-house and international client sites. Documented software and wrote comprehensive user manuals. Participated in ISO 9000 certification of site. • Improved ethylene plant client gross margin 4% to 7% for 3 clients in Brazil and Korea by leading Optimization and Process Control program development and installation.
- Mobil ChemicalEngineer / Research Engineer / Planning Analyst, 1978 - 1988Planning Analyst, 1985 - 1988 • Prepared Capital Budget and 5 Year Objectives for $100 million division. Research Engineer • Senior Staff Engineer, 1981 - 1985 • Researched programmable control logic for new flotation equipment, increasing recovery from 88% to 92%. • Saved $11 million/year by developing a computer model of phosphate mine operation. • Increased recovery from 78% to 88% as member of team to replace sizing and modify flotation operations at phosphate mine. • Provied key liaison between R&D and Mining Operations. • Demonstrated computer expertise: Documented Mobil's Geology Mine Simulator. Wrote dBASE program to log daily reports for mine. Designed, wrote, and implemented APL LIMS programs. Bought 1st IBM PC for Mobil. • Nominated for 2 Gordon Research Conferences on Statistics in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. Engineer, 1978 - 1981 • Enabled plant to introduce new compounds for pesticides and uranium extraction by scalling up production of organophosphorus compounds in the laboratory and pilot plant. • Granted patent for “Removal of Organics from Wet Process Phosphoric Acid."
Robin Schlinger, is a recognized Resume Writing Expert. She has earned key certifications – Master Career Director (MCD), Certified Master Resume Writer (CMRW), Certified Federal Resume Writer (CFRW) and Certified Electronic Career Coach (CECC) from Career Directors International; Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) from the Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches and Job and Career Transition Coach (JCTC).
As a Resume Writing Expert, Robin Schlinger is sought out to coach other Resume Writers for resumes for Federal jobs and in the Aviation, Mathematics, Statistics, Scientific and Research professions. Robin earned her Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering (BSChE) from MIT.
Robin Schlinger has an impressive history developing career marketing documents for her clients. Her achievements include:
- Master Career Director (MCD)
- Certified Master Resume Writer (CMRW)
- Certified Federal Resume Writer (CFRW)
- Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW)
- Certified Electronic Career Coach (CECC)
- Job and Career Transition Coach (JCTC)
- More than 10-years of experience writing job-winning packages for clients
- Founded Robin’s Resumes® to provide excellent services to those who value the best in Resumes and Career Marketing documentation
- Known for excellence in Federal / Technical / IT Resume Writing by leading industry experts
- Sought after by clients for writing interview-winning Federal resumes from entry to Senior Executive Service level
- Trained junior-level resume writers how to write resumes
- Provide resume critiques and counseling at job fairs
- Recognized Military Transition Expert, regularly sought after by senior level military personnel based on executive expertise
- Chair, Awards Committee, Career Directors International, 2011 – Present
- Selected as judge for Toast of the Resume Industry (TORI)TM and World’s Best Resume Writer (WBRW) Awards – judging the best resumes in the industry, based on resume writing expertise for several years. Judge for Career Innovator Award in 2009 and 2010.
- Recognized for excellence as the President’s Award Winner, Career Directors International (CDI) for 2009
- Invited speaker on Federal Resumes for Career Management Alliance 2011 Conference and Georgia Tech Career Day. Selected to speak on resumes for Career Director International’s 2011 Conference.
- Delivered seminars on How to Prepare for a Great Resume to many organizations, including Women for HireTM, Colleges, Professional Organizations and Career ministries. Asked back regularly for additional presentations by organizations based on dynamic, uplifting message
- Career Expert, Women for HireTM
- Resume Expert, LocalHires.com
- Career Expert on O*NET use for career and resume development
- Created and delivered teleseminar on Resume Questionnaire development for Resume Writing professionals
- Member, Career Directors International (CDI)
- Member, Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches (PARW/CC)
- Member, National Resume Writers’ Association (NRWA)
- More than 20-years leadership experience as a Senior Chemical Engineer, Quality Engineer, Business Planner and Computer Simulation Applications Engineer, saving millions for Fortune 500 company bottom lines
- Awarded 2 United States Patents based on ground-breaking research skills
- Selected as one of 24 Young Leaders from a 100,000 person national organization based on professional and leadership excellence
- Vice President of Communications, MIT Club of Atlanta
- Class Agent, MIT Alumni Club
- BSChE with a concentration in Writing, Massachusetts Institute of Technology