Enter to WIN the second Annual Best Dive Job in the World Contest!
Win 7 months in sunny Bali all expense paid. Learn to become a PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) scuba diver instructor - The Grand prize includes a complete set of Aqua Lung dive gear, accommodation, PADI zero to Pro Program, Blue Season Eco Internship Program, plus much more... Blue Season is also giving away "runner up" and "active contenders" prizes as well!
Come enjoy life in Bali, participate in our Project AWARE eco internship, help save the sharks, meet people from all around planet ocean. Dive some of the best sites in the world. See Sharks, Mola Mola, Giant Mantas and 1000s of other marine creature unique to the part of the world!
Did I forget to mentioned that Storm Beer (Bali's only organic micro brewery) sponsors our parties?
(Share and spread the word, who know's maybe we can hang out in Bali sometime in 2012 - Contest deadline is in March 2012)
- Holistic HybridChief Strategist, 2010 - presentAs a Digital Media and Marketing Strategist, Robert work on holistic approaches to help his clients grow their brand, increase their user engagement and add new revenue streams. He achieve this by helping them take on a new look at social marketing, creating effective features and campaigns for them to use, and by training their team members to better understand the growing trends in social sales and internet technologies.
- Raincity StudiosFounder and CEO, 2003 - 2010Raincity Studios (along with its subsidiary Bryght) helped pioneer the Drupal Service and Hosting industries by actively contributing code, modules and themes to the Drupal Project. The company hosted and sponsored various events (Drupal Camps, Drupal User Groups and Drupalcon) and helped redefined some of the business principles behind the open source and Web 2.0 industries. As the founding member of Raincity, Scales was responsible for the business development and overall company vision. He managed the day-to-day operations: hiring, resources management and training, sales and marketing initiatives, client selections and general company administration. From 2006 until 2010, Robert developed new sales and marketing strategies targeting Fortune 500 companies. He also focussed on asset development, and operation as the company grew. In late 2007, Scales supervised the integration of new corporate assets (Bryght.com) and he travelled extensively to China. In September 2007, he founded RCS Shanghai Inc. a Chinese subsidiary of Raincity Studios Inc. During his time in China (May 2006 to late 2008), he co-founded and co-organized the first Barcamp in China (Shanghai and Beijing - September 2006), helped organized China Open Source Camp, Drupal Camp, and founded the Shanghai Drupal User Group in January 2008. Robert's passion and dedication to building user-friendly online collaboration tools has helped him and Raincity Studios pioneer, innovate and define the Drupal service and hosting industries as we know them today.
- Vancouver Film SchoolProfessor, 2005 - 2010During Robert's 4 years with VFS, he co-produced several courses for the Entertainment Business Management Program including: - Introduction to Web Technologies - eCommerce Management - Digital Media & Marketing - Project Management As a member of the faculty, he helped mentor 8 intakes of students, assisted his graduates with career planning and internship placement.
Robert believes in building solid community networks and keeping up-to-date with global and technology trends.
As a marketing strategist, Robert has helped various companies achieve their goals, expend their markets and grow their brands through the use of digital media, social sales and community outreach programs.
He is a digital media executive, he spent the last decade working with emerging media and web technologies such as Drupal, Online Publishing, Social Media, Web communities and Wordpress.
As a photographer and citizen journalist he covered events including Olympic games in Turin, Beijing and Vancouver, the Dalai Lama’s visit to Vancouver and various rock bands and tech luminaries at SXSW and other events.
Winner of a 2006 Canadian New Media Award, Robert taught several courses for Vancouver Film School and has been an advisor on various boards. He participated in the Canada World Youth cultural exchange program as well as various social change workshops and training courses.
Now, Robert is living his dream; mixing digital media and scuba diving as he explore our Ocean Planet.
- British Columbia Institute of TechnologyDigital Media and Web Development, 2005
- British Columbia Institute of TechnologyMarketing and Communication, 2001