This is so true! With good systems in place, goals can be achieved effortlessly!
If the first video here doesn't warm your heart this winter, I don't think anything will.
In 2001 I founded successful IT outsourcing and recruiting firm Zeros And Ones Japan Limited in Tokyo. For 6 years we served the booming financial and insurance sectors, and at our peak I built a team of 32 full-time employees. In 2007, I sold the company to Simplex Solutions, moved to Australia, and took 6-months off to begin investing in real estate and to become a certified barista to justify my love of good coffee!
In the final days of 2007 I joined software firm Spinalogic Australia as Business Development Manager where I worked to further the company’s mission to help Chiropractors bring greater wellness to their communities by automating business processes via cutting edge software.
In 2009 I co-founded the company Optimal Health Works together with Dr. Richard Sawyer - ex-research scientist with the CSIRO and highly successful Chiropractor. Put simply, our mission was to provide online health education and products for individuals and families to realise optimal health.
I resigned from my dual roles as Business Development Manager at Spinalogic and co-founder at Optimal Health Works at the end of 2010 and moved back to Japan to live my dream of becoming an Internet entrepreneur, launching Internet Consulting Companies for the purpose of buying, building and selling under-valued web businesses with the help of a superstar offshore team of designers and developers. This move saw the end of my days wearing a suit and working at an office!
In 2012 I bought Q&A software business Qhub which provides an affordable, easy to use web based Q&A system to help businesses and individuals better engage their audiences. Qhub.com was the flagship product in my web business portfolio, along with Events-Ticketing.com, SwapMyTicket.co.uk and HulaDanceAustralia.com, until I sold them all off in late 2015 and closed down Internet Consulting Companies in April 2016.
In August 2014, while still running my web businesses, I opened co-working & event space Ginza Hub in Tokyo, with the aim of providing a cool space for entrepreneurs like me to relax and work on their most important projects. I continue to work enthusiastically at Ginza Hub, making professionally crafted coffee and coaching my members and visitors in all aspects of entrepreneurship, while chairing a special closed group of superstars called The Think Tank. I also apply my 32+ years of continual martial arts training by teaching kung fu to a private group of skilled practitioners in my own dojo.
In April 2016, I decided to hire myself out as a business consultant and virtual assistant. With my awesome web developer and my superstar graphic designer at my side, we're a one-stop shop for businesses, and there isn't much web-wise that we can't handle. I charge by the hour for my services, and I use sophisticated time tracking software for my clients so they can set budgets and so there are never any surprises. Read more about that at http://ginzahub.com/work-with-us
In November 2016, after becoming a mentor at the University Of New South Wales’ Innovation Dojo which prepares young Australians to launch startups in Japan, I increased my reach considerably by launching an ever-growing library of free and paid courses and resources to help startups succeed, especially in Japan. Check them out at http://courses.ginzahub.com
- Project Management InstituteProject Management Professional (PMP)
- Forefront TechnologiesMicrosoft Certified Systems Engineer (MSCE)
- Griffith UniversityModern Asian Studies (Japanese)
- University of Southern QueenslandApplied Science
- Ginza HubOwner, 2014 - presentGinza Hub is a bright and sunny co-working space for people to relax and work on their most important projects. We've made it super easy to come in and do whatever work you want, with no contracts, entry fees or deposits of any kind. You just pay for the time you use, and you get high-speed Internet access, professionally-made coffee, and a positive community of like-minded people who love to share tips on productivity, business building, and living a great life. Drop in as a visitor, or get 24-hour access, a prestigious Ginza address, free meeting space, and other great benefits as a monthly member. We're just a few minutes' walk from Higashi Ginza, Tsukiji Shijo and Shimbashi stations in central Tokyo, so drop in for a tasty coffee from our awesome Italian espresso machine. Your first visit is always free.
- Ginza Hozen KogyoDirector, 2011 - 2016Ginza Hozen Kogyo, aka TokyoRental.net, is an established Japanese real estate company that specialises in acquiring and managing commercial and residential properties in Japan and Australia. The company’s portfolio includes a 35-apartment residential building in Koganei City in Tokyo, a modest office building in the prestigious business district of Ginza, and a 10th-floor beachfront apartment in beautiful Southeast Queensland, all of which we offer for rent.
- QhubOwner, 2012 - 2016Qhub.com is the leader in Q&A Software. It's the simplest way to add fully featured, beautifully designed Q&A and FAQ pages to any website. It's also a great way to set up your own online community, all in less than 30 seconds. Qhub has over 6000 active customer licenses, and is used by pretty much anyone - business, group, club or society - to really engage, understand and empower their customers and members.
- The World Chien Wing Chun AssociationManager / Coach, 2011 - 2012Chien Wing Chun is basic, no-frills, traditional Wing Chun Kung Fu, taught with vitality to anyone who has the genuine desire to learn. Our Main Message has 3 parts - 1. Sifu Chien Yen has a direct lineage from Grandmaster Ip Man through the Grandmaster’s Nephew, Lo Man Kam, who has been Chien Sifu’s only teacher. 2. Grandmaster Ip Man made it forbidden to ever teach Wing Chun to the Japanese, but after requesting and receiving permission from Lo Sifu, Chien Sifu was allowed to change history. 3. Chien Sifu was the man who single-handedly brought Wing Chun to Japan, and was the first to teach it there in 1984. All other Wing Chun teachers in Japan came after him. www.ChienWingChun.com
- Spinalogic AustraliaBusiness Development Manager, 2007 - 2010The foremost Chiropractic software on the market, successfully combining a Practice Management System and an Electronic Medical Records system into a single, robust package. They deliver a feature set that no competitors offer, like X-ray acquisition & storage in DICOM format - the only medico-legally recognised format - and X-rays on-screen during adjustment when the patient simply scans their finger print; an Accelerated Clinical Entry System for the creation of extensive, easy-to-read clinical reports is fast as you can click a mouse (or tap a touch screen) with no typing necessary; and a "Zero-Touch" payment system - automatic electronic patient billing on adjustment, instead of paying staff to waste time handling money and typing up invoices & receipts. In addition they offer free, unlimited phone and e-mail support, unlimited online training, and even import practice data from most existing systems. www.Spinalogic.org
- Optimal Health WorksCo-founder, 2009 - 2011OHW's mission is simply to provide online health education and products for individuals and families to realise optimal health. www.OptimalHealthWorks.com and www.OptimalHealthWorks.com.au
- Zeros And Ones Japan LimitedFounder, 2001 - 2007A successful IT Outsourcing and Recruiting consultancy in Tokyo. For 6 years we served the booming financial and insurance sectors in the world's most populous city, and at our peak built a team of 32 professionals who we had the pleasure of calling employees. In 2007, we sold the company to Simplex Solutions, and moved to Australia for a well-deserved 6-months off.
- LincmediaProject Manager, 1999 - 2001Successfully created and established a Move/Add/Change Engineering team within the IT Department, and then an IT Project Co-ordination System within the Corporate Services Department, of one of the world's largest financial institutions, Morgan Stanley.