In a former occupation I was in the film industry and had the opportunity to meet Leonard, he told me once that he didn't realize the impact that he had on youth. Not until years after the program's cancelation did he see or understand what Spoc stood for in young peoples lives as a role model for education in science and nothing is impossible if you study and never say it can not be done. The one thing I remember him
Saying to crew and students is "you can do it" or "it is only impossible if you don't try" when a director asked for something impossible.
I have seen that trait in your in you.
2 i watched 100' 7 videos of yours
- being RetiredReasearch Scientest, 1970 - present
- Haunt the House:Terrortown
- Surgeon Simulator
- E-mail standards (Dec computer sponsored)
- Video tape standards bodies ( Sony and Eastman Kodak,1969-1975)
- Video DIsk (Ampex still store product line)
- Stop motion motion picture stand automation.
- Motion control systems for the Motion Picture industry.
- Automation of theatrical lighting systems
- Development of the first video camera to shoot for motion picture industry (Panavision-Panaflex)
- Computer aided drafting (Autocad 1.0-8)
- Computer animation systems, (Autocad)
- Computer Video editing (Edit Droid)
- Automation of automotive dynamiter lab. (Ford Motor)
- Development of video command and control network (Sony S-net).
- Development of the first ATM machines and their network ( Tandy copr, Bourls Computer now Unisis, Zenith electronics ( data and video on mid split broadband.) ) The test system was in Ann Arbor Mi. The ATM system required live, remote teller to dispense money remotely. *Due to Mich. Branch Banking Laws then. Not only could you get money you could: Buy tickets for sports events, Buy stamps, Check grades, read e-mail & more.
- Ran the film documentation dept for the U of Alaska, Fairbanks campus for the Alaskan Pipeline.
- Produced numerous training and informational films/videos.
- Been screwed by clients out of a lot of $$.
- Shot in the following formats: 8 & super 8mm,16mm, super 16,w/transfer to 35, 35mm 70mm, I-max. Many in anamorphic. Video in 1/2" 1", quad. Engineered and built 4 video trucks (3-40' and 1- 28')
- Was one the first Stedy-cams.
- I was one of the first engineers/designers for the PTL Network. With them I engineered/designed 7 TV stations across the U.S.
LED Lights, Bulbs & LED Lighting Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS
LED lights, components and LED products including car bulbs, household bulb, light strips, accent lighting and more. All products are availa
Breaking down an IPv6 address: What it all means - TechRepublic
Nick Hardiman explains the seemingly arcane engineering of the IPv6 address. Find out what makes it tick.
Google Maps Easter Egg Lets You Explore The TARDIS | TechCrunch
Gasp! I would've had this post written 20 minutes ago, but I was too busy geeking the hell out. Tucked away in a single streetview image of
Microsoft Doesn’t Want To Admit Windows RT Is Dead | TechCrunch
Microsoft is in a tough spot. Windows RT is all but dead in the water. But Microsoft has approximately a zillion and a half Surface RT table
Will Detroit's pet coke piles finally get a permit?
After months of operating without one, the company responsible for Detroit’s petroleum coke piles went hunting for one Tuesday. Detroit Bulk
5D optical memory in glass could record the last evidence of civilization
Using nanostructured glass, scientists at the University of Southampton have, for the first time, experimentally demonstrated the recording
Cancer is a result of a default cellular 'safe mode,' physicist proposes
With death rates from cancer have remained largely unchanged over the past 60 years, a physicist is trying to shed more light on the disease
Superconductor from solvent created: Study opens up new understanding of...
A study led by Washington State University researchers has turned a fairly common non-metallic solvent into a superconductor capable of tran